DODGE RAM FORUM banner

rain guard / vent shades

9930 Views 41 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  gofishn
for those that have bought them did you get the in-channel or did you get the ones that just stick on with the tape? if you did get the in-channel was there any issues installing them? i know the seals on the windows are pretty snug. thanks for any info.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,384 Posts
I just installed a set of AVS Seamless (in-channel) vent visors this week. Ordered through AutoAnything. Had a scratch on one and they set an replacement within (3) days (great service!). Installation was super easy. The passenger side wouldn't stay up in auto-up mode (bumped the top and headed back down) but after leaving it up for 24 hours (per instructions) the seal has taken a set and all seems good. Haven't had them up to highway speeds to check for noise yet but I think it'll be good.

The best part is the great seamless look! They don't stick out more than 1/2" from the window! Noe of that big bulg that other vents have (especially the stick on kind). If you're not looking closely, you might not even notice these are on.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
You have a link? The AVS site says the InChannel is not available for our trucks. Autoanything has the seamless but don't say they're InChannel. :4-dontknow:
I emailed AVS Customer Serevice to confirm that the '09's would fit the 2010-12's and they do. They just haven't updated their site yet.

As far as AA, if you're getting AVS Seamless then you're getting an in-channel vent visor. You could always chat or email the AA customer service to get confirmation prior to ordering. To be honest, I didn't check too hard @ AA since I already had a p/n and confirmation from AVS. I don't have the confirmationemailanymore but I do have the instructions that I can send you, if that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.