DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
I just installed a set of AVS Seamless (in-channel) vent visors this week. Ordered through AutoAnything. Had a scratch on one and they set an replacement within (3) days (great service!). Installation was super easy. The passenger side wouldn't stay up in auto-up mode (bumped the top and headed back down) but after leaving it up for 24 hours (per instructions) the seal has taken a set and all seems good. Haven't had them up to highway speeds to check for noise yet but I think it'll be good.

The best part is the great seamless look! They don't stick out more than 1/2" from the window! Noe of that big bulg that other vents have (especially the stick on kind). If you're not looking closely, you might not even notice these are on.

You have a link? The AVS site says the InChannel is not available for our trucks. Autoanything has the seamless but don't say they're InChannel. :4-dontknow:

· Registered
1,384 Posts
You have a link? The AVS site says the InChannel is not available for our trucks. Autoanything has the seamless but don't say they're InChannel. :4-dontknow:
I emailed AVS Customer Serevice to confirm that the '09's would fit the 2010-12's and they do. They just haven't updated their site yet.

As far as AA, if you're getting AVS Seamless then you're getting an in-channel vent visor. You could always chat or email the AA customer service to get confirmation prior to ordering. To be honest, I didn't check too hard @ AA since I already had a p/n and confirmation from AVS. I don't have the confirmationemailanymore but I do have the instructions that I can send you, if that helps.

· Registered
89 Posts
I emailed AVS Customer Serevice to confirm that the '09's would fit the 2010-12's and they do. They just haven't updated their site yet.

As far as AA, if you're getting AVS Seamless then you're getting an in-channel vent visor. You could always chat or email the AA customer service to get confirmation prior to ordering. To be honest, I didn't check too hard @ AA since I already had a p/n and confirmation from AVS. I don't have the confirmationemailanymore but I do have the instructions that I can send you, if that helps.
You have the part#? Does it happen to be #994003?

· Banned
437 Posts
I just installed the AVS in-channel on my Ram, but I didn't like the way the instructions want them installed. They tell you to put them in behind the seal with the sticky tape adhering to the rubber. They also want you to scuff up the rubber with the little square of Scotchbrite pad they give you. Not only could I see this not lasting very long, but it means the window comes in contact directly with the hard plastic. I took a little more time and mounted them between the door frame and rubber seal so that the sticky tape is actually on the paint inside the door frame and the glass is still sliding into the rubber seal. It took a bit more effort, but I am very happy with the result.

BTW, I paid less than $52 for mine for a Crew Cab set from Amazon.

· Registered
45 Posts
I just purchased Stampede chrome finish window vents for my crew cab 2012, which are the stick on type. The dry fit revealed an improper fit due to the side mirrors. I am not sure if it is because I have the tow mirrors but I thought that the plastic part that covers the door would be the same on both mirror types but I may be wrong.

Then, there is the issue of my stainless B-pillars causing the vents to not be flush with the door so that presents another problem with adhesion.... So off to the dealer I go to return them and get my 188$ back!

I checked the link in this thread to the AVS in-channel but the only come in smoke. Anyone know of in-channel types in chrome finish?

· Registered
34 Posts
I looked at these to. I want the smoke ones. I see that the someone posted that the 09's fit the 12's but I have Quad Cab. I only see them listed for the extended cabs and crew cabs. Do y'all know if they're made for the quad cabs?

· Registered
136 Posts
bringing up an old post, does anyone/has anyone used the Mopar ones? I used in channel in my 2001 and had to take them out after a few years due to the windows rattling, too tight after adding them in the channel, new it right away after hearing the windows go up first time, second truck 2005 Ram QC I bought Mopar stick on, they seems ok, had to redo the tape a few times, no big. I see the instructions for the 2013+ Mopar and seems its clips ( under the weather seal ) and tape, anyone install these?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.