DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I remember reading on hear before about people having problems with water in their cab, and I always thought wow I am glad mine does not do that, but guess what... it happened to mine yesterday. I have had problems with water under the rear driver side seat on and off, and yesterday I got in and water came down on me from the drivers seat door handle grip mounted up high on the drivers side. Somebody help me. I have a 2009 Laramie and it has a sliding rear window, and sun roof if that matters. The dealership said I would need to leave it with them for 3 or 4 hours to check it out. I can't do that! Has anybody else had this problem?? If so what was the fix?

·
Registered
207 Posts
if i were you id sit imside the truck with all the windows closed and have someone with a hose wash the outside really well concentrating on all the door gaps window gaps etc... thats what we used to do at the body shop i used to work at or if you have a *** machine you can set it up inside and close the truck up and let it fill up with the fog and see if you can tell where it comes out of... then at least you ll know what your going to have to repair

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
if you have a *** machine you can set it up inside and close the truck up and let it fill up with the fog and see if you can tell where it comes out of...
LOL talk about a great typo!

·
Registered
628 Posts
When my third brake light leaked i didn't feel like being without my truck for a day for such an easy fix. Removed both screws , pulled the light out, laid a bead of Right Stuff , replaced the light and screws, problem solved. 2 and a half years later still doesn't leak.

Reactions: Michael48632

·
Registered
571 Posts
I did the samething as FDBDW, black right stuff around the light problem solved. I used to have inches of water in the storage compartments under the rear seats. not any more.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is right stuff and where can i get it.
Also, do you guys think the leak on the drivers side pull handle above the driver could also be coming from the third brake light?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
If the truck is parked on level ground, and it's leaking in front of the b pillar, it's likely not the 3rd brake light, and is likely maybe the sunroof...

About the right stuff fix for the light, I assume this is like a caulking? I don't like this because it is more like glue and you can't remove and replace easily/cleanly. I've had to take my light off twice since the fix (once to replace bulb, and once to tint) and it was easy and clean. The fix only took me about 30 min too and was less than $10 IIRC.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I swear by the Right Stuff, when I restored my 71 I used it on everything from intake manifold and fuel pump to valve covers and fuel sending units. Its a gasket former that fills in imperfections and porous materials. Snrusnak is right it can be a little more difficult to scrape off but not bad if you don't over do it when applying. To me the juice is worth the squeeze, a little more work to remove but I've ne er had it leak.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Reactions: Michael48632

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts