DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy a 2012 RAM 1500, but it seems like it is very hard to find the truck that I am looking for. I found one but it is some 700 miles from where I live...:(

I may be able to find one easier if I decide to go with a 2WD instead of a 4WD.
I should say that I don't need a 4WD where I live, I only want it because it is easier to lift, and I am sure I will want to lift it in the future.

I am not an expert of suspension lifts, so here I am reaching out for some advice.

If I buy a 2WD 1500 RAM truck, will I be able to install a 4 inch lift kit safely? Planning on running 35 tires.

Please provide any pictures (if you have them handy), and recommendations of the lift kit (part number will be appreciated).

Thank you!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'll give you a bump since I'm also interested. A couple companies make full suspension lifts for the 4x2 Ford F-150, Chevy/GMC Silvarado/Siera and the Toyota Tundra but I have never seen one for a new Ram 1500 4x2. As far as I know the only option for the 4x2 Ram's is a 3 inch Performance Accessories body lift and a 2.5 inch leveling kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give you a bump since I'm also interested. A couple companies make full suspension lifts for the 4x2 Ford F-150, Chevy/GMC Silvarado/Siera and the Toyota Tundra but I have never seen one for a new Ram 1500 4x2. As far as I know the only option for the 4x2 Ram's is a 3 inch Performance Accessories body lift and a 2.5 inch leveling kit.
Yeah - Bilsteins 5100 may also work and allow for 35 tires on a 2WD ram truck, but am not sure and don't know if it will affect the transmission and other components.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Awesome! How much?

·
Registered
662 Posts
$1050 is lower than most 4 inch lifts for the 4x4's. But that is a little steep for just lifted spindles and a rear coilspring spacers. I know lifted spindles for the older 4x2 trucks usually ran less than $500. I know a lot of those lifted spindles increased the front track width a few inches. I wonder if these CST spindles for the new Rams also increase front track width.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone know where to get some good spindles for this issue?
I am in the same boat. 2 wheel drive that I want to lift, but am learning the hard way that I should have bought a 4x4 instead!
I just like the look of the 4x4's. I would probably NEVER use it offroad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts