DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I know this is a 2011 forum but I'm curious about the ram 1500's 2010 and up. I know people have posted about the sloshing of the fuel when coming to a stop, it almost feels like a slight bump from behind. My question here is has anyone felt a slight thump or clunk during accelerations? My truck from day one has clunked on I'd say 2 out of every five starts from stop when I have over a 1/2 tank of gas. It feels like a clunk in the drive train resembling a bad u joint. Once I get below a half tank the clunk goes away. I have the 32 gal tank. Brought it to dealer with 3/4 of a tank and they heard the thump but couldn't find the issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't get truck to make the noise with less then half a tank. Just filled it to 3/4 tank and bam! The noise is back. Dealer hasn't been much help. Only have 450 miles on the truck and have been complaining since day 2 of taking it home. During test drive I didn't notice it I assume because the truck was on E at the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.