DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried/ been successful at removing the lettering on the exterior of the doors on a Ram 1500?
What works?

·
Registered
190 Posts
?????????? seriously ???????????? you want to remove the lettering on the door ?????????????, I don't think you can do that, but maybe if you use the search botton up top and put in something say, Badge removal, or de-badge or something along those lines you might find something
No need to reply like that.:smiledown: Can't you see he is a newcomer? He may never come back and I wouldn't blame him.

Reactions: naturecannon

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
No need to reply like that.:smiledown: Can't you see he is a newcomer? He may never come back and I wouldn't blame him.
your absolutely right, no where in the newbie rules and regulations does it stipulate that when you are looking for an answer you should search the forum using the search function for the possibility that 100 other post on the same subject already exist. No where in google or yahoo does it indicate that either. For that fact I will stop being an idiot and post funny statements for newbies. hopefully you will find it in your heart to forgive me for being so obnoxious towards members searching for answers in the world of forums.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I heated my letters w/ a heat gun then used fishing line to remove them. The hard part was removing the adhesive. A little heat and goo gone will work, but it takes some time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
your absolutely right, no where in the newbie rules and regulations does it stipulate that when you are looking for an answer you should search the forum using the search function for the possibility that 100 other post on the same subject already exist. No where in google or yahoo does it indicate that either. For that fact I will stop being an idiot and post funny statements for newbies. hopefully you will find it in your heart to forgive me for being so obnoxious towards members searching for answers in the world of forums.
No problem, maybe when you are 20 years older like me you will hate sarcasm as much as I do. Didn't mean to offend you:doh:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Avoid heat and it won't be as messy. Use some heavy fishing line to saw the letters off, then make yourself a nice "scraper" out of a paint stir stick. You use this to push the remaining adhesive backing into clumps, then just pull them off and discard. The soft pine won't scratch the paint. When you're all done, hit the whole area with some goo gone to clean up any remaining adhesive.
Take your time, don't rush, and don't pry the letters off the door. They have sharp edges and will chip your paint quick fast and in a hurry!
Good luck debadging and welcome to the forum.

I heated my letters w/ a heat gun then used fishing line to remove them. The hard part was removing the adhesive. A little heat and goo gone will work, but it takes some time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
heat and high test fishing line took mine off in less tna 20 minutes..all badges. then some good goo gone or adhesive remover to finish it off. after that wash the truck. Voila

·
Registered
797 Posts
you're making us canadians look bad haha

·
Registered
553 Posts
All depends on the year of your truck with the 09 and ups all you need is goo gone, war, soapy water, and fishing line, I shaved off all the lettering besides the hemi logo on my 2011 and using what i listed and came out fine

·
Registered
938 Posts
Fishing line and 3M decal remover wheel. You will never remove an emblem any other way after using one. :smileup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just be careful.. I have seen a truck come back to the dealership because where the badges were it was dented in slightly. The service manager said it was probably from when they applied it at the plant and offered to repair the doors free. I have also seen the paint discolored under the badges too.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Take some pics and let us know how you make out.....

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've never been on a forum where the "search" button actually worked worth a crap, including this one. If you're looking for a quick answer, sometimes it is easier to just post a question. I do use search features on forums first but it usually doesn't answer my questions unless I want to spend hours looking through it. But, maybe I just don't know how to use the search button correctly because computers really really don't like me lol

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've never been on a forum where the "search" button actually worked worth a crap, including this one. If you're looking for a quick answer, sometimes it is easier to just post a question. I do use search features on forums first but it usually doesn't answer my questions unless I want to spend hours looking through it. But, maybe I just don't know how to use the search button correctly because computers really really don't like me lol
I always use google to search what I'm looking for and just include the forum name. Seem to always get better results that way. :thk:

·
Registered
259 Posts
USUALLY responding with a helping hand and dropping a link to similar topic in forum does the job.

remove lettering of a truck as thread title states nets similar, but nothing like debadge. Am sure OP didnt know the debadge term hence the question.

Searching for things that require multiple words placed in the search box is a pain. With that said, google works great....but also leads new (AND OLD) members to other forums......and maybe they will feel a little more comfy there. So if you love an active lively community, a helping hand dropping a link to similar topic in this forum goes a long way in my opinion.

Reactions: Ram725

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ask as many times as you want. If the topic offends someone ....DONT ANSWER AND MOVE ON.

I used fishing line and goo gone. I used a pinstripe eraser wheel on the drill too. Worked out great. I dont recommend the heat gun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did Mine today! What a difference!:smileup:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I debadged my 2012 Sport CC this weekend. Took 30 minutes or so. Fishing line to remove the "RAM 1500". Removed all of the 3M two sided tape by hand (lift, tug at 45 degree, repeat). A little Goof Off from Home Depot to remove slight residue. Rag with soapy water to clean the spots. All done. Easiest change evar!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts