DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to finalize a deal for this 2015 ecodiesel w/ 79k miles. truck is showroom new, inside and out....the hitch receiver has factory.grease on it!

my question is regarding transferring max care warranty.

the warranty is 125k miles, set to expire August 2023.

has anyone had real life claims against this warranty program, and if so what type of repairs and ease of the claim process

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Same here. I took the truck to the dealership, they did the work, I paid the deductible, then drove the truck home. No hassle.

I've not tried an independent shop. Since the Mopar ESP is a factory-backed plan I just take it to the "pros" since it's the same cost to me.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
1,185 Posts
about to finalize a deal for this 2015 ecodiesel w/ 79k miles. truck is showroom new, inside and out....the hitch receiver has factory.grease on it!

my question is regarding transferring max care warranty.

the warranty is 125k miles, set to expire August 2023.

has anyone had real life claims against this warranty program, and if so what type of repairs and ease of the claim process

thanks in advance
I've heard good things about the maxcare warranty service all around...even on the Jeep forum. But I have a question for you....the build sheets lists both 3.92 AND 3.55 rear axle ratio. I only mention it just incase you're looking to tow with that...

·
Registered
434 Posts
As I recall, the standard axle ratio with the Ecodiesel engine is 3.55. I believe that’s why it’s listed in the engine option section of the window label. The 3.92 gear ratio is listed as an added cost option so I expect the truck has the 3.92 gears. The OP can use the VIN to pull the actual build sheet online to verify.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
1,185 Posts
As I recall, the standard axle ratio with the Ecodiesel engine is 3.55. I believe that’s why it’s listed in the engine option section of the window label. The 3.92 gear ratio is listed as an added cost option so I expect the truck has the 3.92 gears. The OP can use the VIN to pull the actual build sheet online to verify.
Both are listed under "optional equipment" but there is a charge listed for 3.92 so that must be it. Yea FCA community website will show everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts