DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 ram 1500 sport crew cab. I am wanting to put a brush guard or bull bar on the front and a LED Bar light mounted on it. I was wondering if anyone has any information on which ones will fit my truck. Also does anyone else have LED bar lights on there ram sports and if so where did you put the control switches or did you just tie them in with your bright lights? Also does anyone have LED back up lights mounted on the rear bumper of there trucks and f so how did you wire them and tie them in? Thank you all for any information i really appreciate this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
most of the time when you go searching for bull bars/brush guards it will be vehicle specific. IE: Year - Make - Model - Model Trim

From there majority of websites will show you what will fit on the truck. Also some will even have a quick summary of how it will be installed; bolted or welded.

As for the light bar - Good question. I know back in the day I wired strobes into my fog light switch without a relay and never had an issue. Which was dumb on my part but I got lucky I suppose. So with a relay and a inline fuse for protection you may be able to wire them in with your bright lights. Which would be pretty cool. However would you not be interested in having direct control over just the light bar?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2013 ram 1500 sport crew cab. I am wanting to put a brush guard or bull bar on the front and a LED Bar light mounted on it. I was wondering if anyone has any information on which ones will fit my truck. Also does anyone else have LED bar lights on there ram sports and if so where did you put the control switches or did you just tie them in with your bright lights? Also does anyone have LED back up lights mounted on the rear bumper of there trucks and f so how did you wire them and tie them in? Thank you all for any information i really appreciate this.
I was looking at the Ranch Hand grill guard. I had one like this on a full size Bronco and it did the job. I even hit a deer and a goose with it and it save the grill. It is reasonably priced.

Google this:
Ranch Hand Part# GGD09HBL1

Depending on the size that fits, I was looking as something like this for the front.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting...N.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=4242&t_pn=EXP76410

and these for the rear

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting....aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=4242&t_pn=EXP76404P

Depending on what type of wiring they come with, I would run a couple of lighted rocker switches. There is a little pocket in the dash that serves no purpose for me that could be turned into a switch panel with a little work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the RanchHand on my 12' Has nice fit. However they did have to cut into the front lower valace to but in the support for the grille.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts