DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i was wondering if anybody is able to help me out with some information.... i live in toronto canada. about 3 weeks ago i have gone ahead with purchasing a new build 2021 ram 2500 laramie, i was wondering if anyone knows how long the build will take coming from the plant in mexico is what ive been told. before making the purchase the dealer mentioned it will take about 6-8weeks... is there anyone that can help me with a more accurate time frame? it has been 3 weeks already and apparently i was supposed to have my "VIN" number within a week or 2 from the purchase date... it has been 3 weeks i still dont have one.

is anyone able to help me out? and let me know how long it will take to expect my new build? since there is a shortage on chips?

Thanks guys
hope someone can help....

Mike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
8-10 weeks is generally the build time, but this last year has everything screwed up, plus additional transport time to get it to Canada.
Are you even sure that your dealer can still order a 2021?
Was looking at Ford ordering and they have switched over to 2022 orders already.

·
Registered
2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman Crew
3 Posts
The chip shortage is slowing/stopping auto factories. RAM dealer inventories in my area are getting sparse. Was lucky to find one optioned for towing last month. Hope you get the one you ordered.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Normally 8-12 weeks for a turn out after delivery. RAM has shut down production for a few weeks due to the chip shortage. So that won't help, I believe that six month wait is not unrealistic at all.

·
Registered
753 Posts
And with the nationwide shortage the factorys are filling the dealer orders first and that is their bread and butter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I didn’t think about that. You’re absolutely right they’re going to take care of their dealers first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2500 laramie crew cab 8’ bed. Was told 8 weeks. I think at the time I ordered mine it was delay related to the Mexico factory assembling my truck and yours. 1500s and 3500s were coming out way faster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my 3500 limited SRW on 21 Feb. Just notified it should be here in Florida on19 April. Everything has been flowing as expected. Don't know if there will be a difference going to Canada. The build time was not delayed as far as I can tell. Being assembled in Mexico. Good luck!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
There can also be delays if you added certain options. Many exterior options like side steps and bedliners are done outside the factory and take extra time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last I saw builds are now taking up to 6 months until delivery. Your dealer should have told you that.
I knew myself there was a slow down...
i even reconfirmed with the dealership and told them... i know theres a slow down" but a general idea of when it would be ready... then "ensured" me that it would be about 8-12 weeks.
by the end of this week will make it 4 weeks already...

just wish these builds can be done faster..
the dealer also told me "it would be coming from the plant in mexico".....? does this make any sense.... or?

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
281 Posts
All the HD trucks are built in Saltillo Mexico.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
i was wondering if anybody is able to help me out with some information.... i live in toronto canada. about 3 weeks ago i have gone ahead with purchasing a new build 2021 ram 2500 laramie, i was wondering if anyone knows how long the build will take coming from the plant in mexico is what ive been told. before making the purchase the dealer mentioned it will take about 6-8weeks... is there anyone that can help me with a more accurate time frame? it has been 3 weeks already and apparently i was supposed to have my "VIN" number within a week or 2 from the purchase date... it has been 3 weeks i still dont have one.

is anyone able to help me out? and let me know how long it will take to expect my new build? since there is a shortage on chips?

Thanks guys
hope someone can help....

Mike.
I heard they are short on chips.In 2014 we wanted a white mega cab duly limited 410 gears Max tow with the chrome trim and the snow plow prep and every option I could get with black leather inside. I made a call to that guy in Idaho and I don’t know how this other guy got my number but I got a call out of Racine Wisconsin from Ted Roman. He said I have the truck you want and I said oh yeah doesn’t have the tire pressure indicator‘s and he said Yep so he said he’d sell it to me for 60,000 with the discounts which was 10,000 less than my local dealer quoted for having one built. So maybe too late for you now but if you put the word out to a few dealers it seems like your name goes into a central database where they start fission for buyers. At least that worked out well for me and I got a heckuva deal a lot better than I could get in CA and the super plus side is I got to take two of my kids and fly out to Racine Wisconsin and drive back over a 13 day time. In a brand new ram Limited mega cab duly. That was my 55th birthday present to myself. As they say good things come to those who wait, so patients

·
Registered
753 Posts
In January 2021 My local dealer and the one in Idaho started searching for a 2021 2500 that I wanted. Did a 1K mile radius search and could not find a truck. I wasn't real particular about colors but that didn't help either. Had to order what I wanted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts