DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took a test drive in a RAM 2500 6.7. I really like the way the truck handles.

Can anyone comment on the benefits of having the rear airs suspension system? If you have it would you get it again?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Can anyone comment on the benefits of having the rear airs suspension system? If you have it would you get it again?
Yes, I would get it again. I tow a fifth wheel, gooseneck dump, utility trailer/tractor, and a boat. The system keeps the truck level with respect to the trailer thus allowing even weight on the trailer's axles and balanced weight on the truck's axles. You also need to initially setup your trailers for level towing, but only once.

When I look at most truck/trailer combos as I travel, I see a pathetic tow vehicle rear sag, I have a problem with that. Not only does it look wimpy but the sag also takes weight of the steer axle and contributes to de-stabilization, not so good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Air adjustable rear suspension

Today I took a test drive in a RAM 2500 6.7. I really like the way the truck handles.

Thanks for your input!
I was up in State College last year and test drove a 2017 with the Cummins and Air adjustable rear suspension to make sure I liked it before ordering it on my 2018 since it is a pretty pricey option. Loved the ride and power in that truck. I ordered it on my Laramie Crew with the 8’ bed but went with the 6.4 Hemi.
I have 5 different trailers and now that I have towed them all they are all set to my trucks rear hitch height. All I do now is back up to them, lower the suspension, watch the camera and drive under the hitch, raise the air suspension and make my connections. No more cranking a loaded trailer tongue.
Levels the truck to the trailer very well and it carries the weight with no problem. The factory trailer brake works great also and was easy to program for the different trailers.
Quite a few of my passengers have commented on how smooth the ride is the first time they were in the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you plan to tow, get it. My travel Trailer causes the rear to dip about 4 degrees and the air suspension brings it right back up to a level. I think in general, the overall ride is Pickup Truck! Get the bags!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts