DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of my fellow CDN's (or Yankee friends) confirm that the new Black Ram Sport Group/package does indeed use the Traditional Sport Grill with Chrome accents just like regular Sports have? I ordered mine today and hoping it doesn't show up with the All Black Hexlink style Grill I have seen on Outdoorsman or Express models. I am assuming the Sport wheels are the same as a sport wheel as well, just black and not like the Black Express wheels? The way they have to hand fill in half the options because the program ( I assume) they use for printing the sales agreements doesn't fit all the options on the sales order sheet even though the sheet itself is long enough. How dumb. Hoping I have no surprises when the truck is delivered. He just wrote the option down on the sheet no codes so hoping I actually get what I ordered. Helluva deal on the truck from Scarborotown. I can see them shipping me the trailer tow package when all I wanted was the Trailer Brake Controller and Hitch. then I will lose my power folding mirrors. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can any of my fellow CDN's (or Yankee friends) confirm that the new Black Ram Sport Group/package does indeed use the Traditional Sport Grill with Chrome accents just like regular Sports have? I ordered mine today and hoping it doesn't show up with the All Black Hexlink style Grill I have seen on Outdoorsman or Express models. I am assuming the Sport wheels are the same as a sport wheel as well, just black and not like the Black Express wheels? The way they have to hand fill in half the options because the program ( I assume) they use for printing the sales agreements doesn't fit all the options on the sales order sheet even though the sheet itself is long enough. How dumb. Hoping I have no surprises when the truck is delivered. He just wrote the option down on the sheet no codes so hoping I actually get what I ordered. Helluva deal on the truck from Scarborotown. I can see them shipping me the trailer tow package when all I wanted was the Trailer Brake Controller and Hitch. then I will lose my power folding mirrors. lol
Black Ram 1500 Sport Group (AGC)
Details:
• Federal A/C Excise Tax (4CP)
• Sport Performance Hood (MGB)
• Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control (HAF)
• Humidity Sensor (XXT)
• Black Ram Head Tailgate Badge (M3K)
• Ram 1500 Badge - Flat Black (MS1)
• 5.7L Hemi Badge - Flat Black (MTL)
• 4x4 Flat Black Badge (MZT)
• Bi-Function Halogen Projector H/Lamp (LMM)
• 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer (RC3)
• P275/60R20 BSW All-Season tires (TTN)
• 20X9-inch black alum. w/ black caps (WRL)

The Grille will most likely be the same as the RAM SPORT Grill without the Chrome, and blacked out. I dont believe it will be that Hexlink look. As For the Rims...I cant say for sure...I would hope they go for the Sport Rim in black and not the type you get on Express.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Express rims are 20x8 I believe, sport's are 20x9... So it's looking like you're ok there.. Also, 2015+ the tow mirrors are power fold so you probably won't lose that functionality.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Changes for 2015?

I have the 2013 Sport; body color bumpers and grill, sport wheels and sport tuned exhaust. Also have the projector lights, power fold mirrors, and sport hood. I thought the all black package was different option for the sport package? :4-dontknow:

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Express rims are 20x8 I believe, sport's are 20x9... So it's looking like you're ok there.. Also, 2015+ the tow mirrors are power fold so you probably won't lose that functionality.

Thanks I can't stand the extra 3 or so inches they stick out like a sore thumb and the flat black plastic look as well. I will never have any use for standard larger trailer tow mirrors as my trailer is only a 6ft wide utility/landscape.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
can I find my exact build online with Chrylser?

Black Ram 1500 Sport Group (AGC)
Details:
• Federal A/C Excise Tax (4CP)
• Sport Performance Hood (MGB)
• Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control (HAF)
• Humidity Sensor (XXT)
• Black Ram Head Tailgate Badge (M3K)
• Ram 1500 Badge - Flat Black (MS1)
• 5.7L Hemi Badge - Flat Black (MTL)
• 4x4 Flat Black Badge (MZT)
• Bi-Function Halogen Projector H/Lamp (LMM)
• 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer (RC3)
• P275/60R20 BSW All-Season tires (TTN)
• 20X9-inch black alum. w/ black caps (WRL)

The Grille will most likely be the same as the RAM SPORT Grill without the Chrome, and blacked out. I dont believe it will be that Hexlink look. As For the Rims...I cant say for sure...I would hope they go for the Sport Rim in black and not the type you get on Express.
Thanks SauceBoss. Salesperson listed the Black Sport Package as one option with its own code and no other codes on the sale sheet just option names, I am not concerned that I will get that package but other hand written options were added with no codes. I had to ask him to make sure it was short box then noticed he had written down the 140 WB but was concerned the Leather was not listed separately as an option just written by hand under Interior/Colour column up top as "leather Black". I found no reference to the order sheet for 4x4 either just CREW. I wish they had put codes to go with the the hand written options, instead it said other options with a total dollar amount and he listed them with a pen, I have to trust they were actually entered into the computer properly. I mentioned in another post as to the reason of my skepticism being the fact the MSRP on the sales sheet was $61100 before incentives, but online my build comes to $62800 + a bit which sounds just about right total for Leather to be missing? Is there a link I can go to to get the exact factory order once they send me the VIN and order status etc? Much like this one I found on this forum but was told only good for inquiry on Yankee orders.
http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks SauceBoss. Salesperson listed the Black Sport Package as one option with its own code and no other codes on the sale sheet just option names, I am not concerned that I will get that package but other hand written options were added with no codes. I had to ask him to make sure it was short box then noticed he had written down the 140 WB but was concerned the Leather was not listed separately as an option just written by hand under Interior/Colour column up top as "leather Black". I found no reference to the order sheet for 4x4 either just CREW. I wish they had put codes to go with the the hand written options, instead it said other options with a total dollar amount and he listed them with a pen, I have to trust they were actually entered into the computer properly. I mentioned in another post as to the reason of my skepticism being the fact the MSRP on the sales sheet was $61100 before incentives, but online my build comes to $62800 + a bit which sounds just about right total for Leather to be missing? Is there a link I can go to to get the exact factory order once they send me the VIN and order status etc? Much like this one I found on this forum but was told only good for inquiry on Yankee orders.
http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U
There is not a Public link for you to input and see but If you send me a PM with your VIN/VON I can try to see what they ordered for you. I cant do anything outside of general info as I dont want to sour any dealers or anything but I can at least get you info on what you ordered.

I know the codes for ordering and package setup.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, thanks I would appreciate it, I have yet to receive a VIN/VON though, I will keep asking the salesperson

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the 2013 Sport; body color bumpers and grill, sport wheels and sport tuned exhaust. Also have the projector lights, power fold mirrors, and sport hood. I thought the all black package was different option for the sport package? :4-dontknow:
Up until now the black appearance package has only been for express... it gives the express sport head and tail lights, but besides that it's still an express. Now I guess they're offering the same package to sports so you get the upscale interior with the blackout exterior.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok, thanks I would appreciate it, I have yet to receive a VIN/VON though, I will keep asking the salesperson
When did you order the Truck? It does not take long for them to have a VIN/VON# The VON# is what they should have a few days after the order is placed.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When did you order the Truck? It does not take long for them to have a VIN/VON# The VON# is what they should have a few days after the order is placed.
Tues April 14th

·
Registered
17 Posts
WUG

I got you PM but cant reply to it as I`m still new. I am out of town and dont have my access to the dealer portal. I will get back to you monday for sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK much appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey WUG, I cant pick up the Info on the VON for some reason...Possibly because its only available for the ordering dealer. I would need the actual VIN to be able to see.

Try this thread

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=179996&page=421

and post your VON in there. SPP should be able to get you an answer.

Sorry I couldnt have been more help but I just dont seem to have access to VON information.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts