DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my truck U61 Safety Recall (Powertrain Control Module) done and now my driver side Ram Box lights are out. My passenger side Ram Box lights still work when opening the box. I am not the best mechanic in the world, so does anyone know what causes this?

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Its not the bulb?

·
3,247 Posts
Yea, I guess if it was the fuse then both sides would be out. Have you tried toggling the on/off switch inside the Rambox a few times?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both lights (on each end) of the drivers side are out. I jiggled both frames, did not take the frame out of the socket, and still no lights on this side. Out of warrantee as I purchased in Apri 2015.. I am wondering if there is a connection between the ram box and the bed it sits in that may have came loose. I am not sure how the ram box lights are wired, so am asking for assistance. I may have to take it off in if I can not figure this out.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I think there's a rubber tube that holds the wires that run to the lights and lock. Sometimes wires in a hinge can wear out and break...but I'd think not on a truck this new

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to thank you all for all the help. I did look under the truck and nothing to discover there. So I played with the on/off switch some more and found it was stuck. Played some more and the lights came on. I did have to jiggle it quite a bit to get it going, but works find now. I checked the passenger side switch and it was fine. Feel kind of like a idiot but did not know what was wrong.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Thanks for following up!

Would hate for the thread to be left open ended

·
3,247 Posts
Nice! Glad it turned out to be something simple like that. And yes, thanks for following up. This will help other members who may have this issue down the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had both boxes out nut lights and the yellow switches were good, fuses were all good too. Then I saw that the plunger switches that turn off the lights were both stuck down. Pulled them out and jumpered the plug to it and voila they went on. There’s a little o-ring that looked like it was jamming the plunger and was a bit frayed. Took it off , sprayed w some contact cleaner then electrical component lubricant and it fixed the problem. i tried various small o-rings I had but none fit perfect andthey prevented the switch from depressing. I guess I’ll either leave it until the stop working and then replace the switch or look for a proper o-ring. It Has to fit in that recessed area perfectly and not stick out at all .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts