Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 6 of one half dozen of another

Votes: 5 15.2%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am considering trading my '08 Mega in on a '12 (dealership wants mine BADLY) and I'm looking for info on the ram boxes. Do you folks that have 'em like 'em? If so why? If not why? Anything else about the '12 vs '08 I should know would also be greatly appreciated (lifetime powertrain warranty is huge reason to make me keep mine but they're working on an add comparable package for the '12).

Thanks for any an all info!!! Love my Ram. Ford convert.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Lifetime powertrain warranty? Don't know if I would want to give that up.
But the Rambox- it all comes down to how much you really use your bed. I don't have the Rambox, but it would come have come in handy a lot already for groceries and stuff. Plus I don't really use my bed all that much. But it is a $1k+ option.
How often do you drive around with your bed completely packed full? I think it would be useful, but if you want to save money, it's certainly not necessary

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lifetime powertrain warranty? Don't know if I would want to give that up.
But the Rambox- it all comes down to how much you really use your bed. I don't have the Rambox, but it would come have come in handy a lot already for groceries and stuff. Plus I don't really use my bed all that much. But it is a $1k+ option.
How often do you drive around with your bed completely packed full? I think it would be useful, but if you want to save money, it's certainly not necessary
That warranty is the biggest sticking point for me on this (well price too lol), but I also believe that is why they are offering me more for the truck than I think they generally would. I think Dodge wants as many of them re-sold as possible so they don't have to worry about replacing stuff in 10 years like I had planned on making them do. They have a add on lifetime max coverage w a $100 deductible that would be equivalent to what I have now. I don't ride around with bed full, but I have a lot of stuff under and behind the seat which could live in the boxes. I just wonder how good they for water tightness, security and so forth. Thanks for your reply.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Im not a fan of the gaybox errr rambox :D

What setup/model are you lookong into for the '12?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not a fan of the gaybox errr rambox :D

What setup/model are you lookong into for the '12?
LOL okay why do you call them gaybox? A regular tool box takes up to much of the already shortened bed for my hauling purposes.

Planned setup is MegaCab Laramie 4WD Gas (don't need the diesel nor extra expense) with most bells and whistles in Molten Red, w spay in liner.

Has anyone found a good aftermarket true dual exhaust setup that won't void factory warranty? I don't want a catback system.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well I guess I'll be the first for someone that actually has the "gaybox" WTF??? I hunt and got the outdoorsman with the rambox and you get the bed extender with it. Which I like almost as much as the boxes. The boxes hold my bow, packs, boots and other stuff I need right when I get out in the field. Need to haul other stuff day to day ? Just open it up and put your stuff in there . Still holds a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Mine came with the spray in bedliner which is beter than any of the aftermarket spary-ins I have had. Get 'em dirty inside?? pull the pluga and hose them out. They are lighted so you can see what is in there anytime of the day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont like mine they seem to leak a lot. I am bringing it in to the dealer soon and hope I have that. I just got the lifetime warranty when I bought mine a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess I'll be the first for someone that actually has the "gaybox" WTF??? I hunt and got the outdoorsman with the rambox and you get the bed extender with it. Which I like almost as much as the boxes. The boxes hold my bow, packs, boots and other stuff I need right when I get out in the field. Need to haul other stuff day to day ? Just open it up and put your stuff in there . Still holds a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Mine came with the spray in bedliner which is beter than any of the aftermarket spary-ins I have had. Get 'em dirty inside?? pull the pluga and hose them out. They are lighted so you can see what is in there anytime of the day.
Thanks for the input. Ever noticed any leakage inside after a car wash or heavy down pour? How's the locking system?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gayboxes?

I think the Ramboxes are great. They stay dry, and i wash mine often with a pressure washer directly at the seams, they keep the cab clutter free, they lock just like the trunk of a car, and they can be used as coolers, with drains... Gay?
I don't think so !:shrk:

·
Registered
293 Posts
My dealer told me they couldn't which is why I didn't get them... wtf?

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
i honestly would worry about them making you a target, kind of like a toolbox people may break into them just to see if theres something good in there......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Love mine, it's where I put the fire extinguisher - (You do have one of those - right :)? ) and the tie down straps and extra draw bars for my trailers.

Once you get on to using them - you'll wonder how you did without them.
Mine do not leak. Anything I want to put in there and not move around I velcro in a box to hold them (Straps & Draw bar) or velcro in the holder for the extinguisher & First aid kit - that way - no holes in the plastic - no cracks - no leaks and I can remove and replace with other stuff no problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love mine, it's where I put the fire extinguisher - (You do have one of those - right :)? ) and the tie down straps and extra draw bars for my trailers.

Once you get on to using them - you'll wonder how you did without them.
Mine do not leak. Anything I want to put in there and not move around I velcro in a box to hold them (Straps & Draw bar) or velcro in the holder for the extinguisher & First aid kit - that way - no holes in the plastic - no cracks - no leaks and I can remove and replace with other stuff no problem.
Did you get the bed extender? What is part of the price or an extra $$$

·
Registered
137 Posts
gaybox? 4th period history is starting better run along. the ram boxes are great, they wow people more than the truck you will find a to of use for them as i have. my other friends are jealous and wish their trucks had em.:smileup:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
It was joke. Wish I could run along to 4th period. Instead i'm fighting a war so you can enjoy your rambox and make smartass comments over the internet in the comfort of your home. It was an opinion and that was my opinion, dont get so butthurt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did you get the bed extender? What is part of the price or an extra $$$

Came with the vehicle - I believe it was an option for $250.00 - I'd get an aftermarket one if available - the factory one works fine - but costs too much in my never to be humble opinion. Glad I got it though - it works as advertised and serves as a box divider too so stuff doesn't roll around. Over all - very happy with all the load management devices - except for the cost.:LOL: but I think we all have that feeling I'm sure !!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have the ram box and love the idea of them, I have it in the 6ft4inch box and they are MASSIVE! My only complaint is they leak. I brought it to the dealer today for it and they contacted a Chrysler engineer to figure out a fix to it....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the rambox option on mine, I could never own a truck without them now, they are great and it still amazes me how much stuff I am able to haul in them. Easy to use and so useful. The bed divider is an added bonus, very useful as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I always thought that the Ram box was a clever design to use wasted space in the bed. Almost seem to think with the 2012 they even lowered the price on Ram box....correct? Don't get me wrong...it's not cheap, but a better value. A much better value than my $800 sport hood upgrade with the non-functioning hood scoops. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts