DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some searching and checking on the buy back that was all over the news several months back and was wondering whats the latest on it and what exactly does it mean for us that love our trucks ?
I looked it up on the safecar.gov website but it doesn't have anything listed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
buy back

I had a 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman with 20,000 miles and the 4.7. my dealer did a buy back because my engine went bad and my Transmission was not shifting above 4th gear steering was locking when turned too fast. I now I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 Hemi with the 8spd. Transmission, I now have 630 miles.

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
a condition of the Buy Back was that they would buy it back if they couldn't come up with a solution to fix it
You had to give them that chance to fix it first

·
Registered
814 Posts
Correct. The buy back was more of a punishment for not having enough parts available to do the repairs, not the repair itself.

You could either get a $100 Visa card for getting your truck fixed, a $2,000 rebate on a new vehicle, or the buyback program.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this still available and how do you start proceedings ???? I've started a Star Complaint and really not getting any satisfaction Please Help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts