DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "long" 6-4" rambox. I have compared the inside of my boxes with the "short" 5-7" box and determined that they are quite a bit different inside, front and back wells are different shapes and the long has 4 divider slots vs 3 for the short. The mopar accessory divider kit is noted as being for the 5'7" box. I'm not sure the divider kit will fit. Dealer hasn't a clue if any of it will fit, and if I order it I own it. Pay in advance.

So, I emailed the following question to RAM customer support:

"Is there a divider kit for the long rambox similar to the kit available
for the short rambox? The box internal size and shape are different and I
do not want to buy something that won't fit."

The answer:
"Thank you for contacting the Ram Customer Assistance Center.
The best resource for your question is the Parts Department of your
local dealership. They can ascertain the correct part number, review
part availability and discuss any alternatives you may have.
In addition, parts and accessories can be ordered on-line at the Mopar
eStore.
Thank you for being a part of Ram, have a nice day!"

So, thanks for nothin customer support. Does anyone out there with a long rambox have any of the box accessories installed? The horizontal floors, dividers, nets, holster?

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
i would just ask your dealers Parts Dept to research it
they have phone numbers to call when all else fails
if they can't find an answer, then maybe Ram never thought about it

I have asked my Parts guy to research stuff & he called me when he had an answer
I just found out last week that he left the job, i need to cultivate another Parts guy now

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are only two dealers around here. Neither stocks this or has ever ordered one for a 2012 long rambox truck. All they know is that the mopar divider kit is available for the rambox, and that the kit info says its for the 5'-7" rambox. No indication that it will or will not fit the long rambox. This is a special order item and as such is not returnable. If I order it, its mine. So, as I said, I'm hoping someone out there has tried the kit in the long rambox and can answer this question.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Why wouldn't you, either, search the internet first and/or ask a dealership rather than contacting Ram?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did ALL of those things before contacting RAM. Contacting RAM customer service was my last resort, and as you can see I got no information whatsoever.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a "long" 6-4" rambox. I have compared the inside of my boxes with the "short" 5-7" box and determined that they are quite a bit different inside, front and back wells are different shapes and the long has 4 divider slots vs 3 for the short. The mopar accessory divider kit is noted as being for the 5'7" box. I'm not sure the divider kit will fit. Dealer hasn't a clue if any of it will fit, and if I order it I own it. Pay in advance.

So, I emailed the following question to RAM customer support:

"Is there a divider kit for the long rambox similar to the kit available
for the short rambox? The box internal size and shape are different and I
do not want to buy something that won't fit."

The answer:
"Thank you for contacting the Ram Customer Assistance Center.
The best resource for your question is the Parts Department of your
local dealership. They can ascertain the correct part number, review
part availability and discuss any alternatives you may have.
In addition, parts and accessories can be ordered on-line at the Mopar
eStore.
Thank you for being a part of Ram, have a nice day!"

So, thanks for nothin customer support. Does anyone out there with a long rambox have any of the box accessories installed? The horizontal floors, dividers, nets, holster?

Have you tried mopar.com? I was just looking around there and I looked up I think the same kit. When I clicked on vehicles it listed all 2011 models but every model of Ram with Quad Cab was listed. I hope this helps if nothing else they have a contact link to talk to them direct.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made my own dividers out of lexan, on my 6'4" box. I can tell you that the front three on the drivers side are the same size, then the back one is a bit smaller, and all of them on the passenger side seem to be the same size as the back driver's. Seems kind of odd doesn't it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made my own dividers out of lexan, on my 6'4" box. I can tell you that the front three on the drivers side are the same size, then the back one is a bit smaller, and all of them on the passenger side seem to be the same size as the back driver's. Seems kind of odd doesn't it?
Yep, sure does. I may end up going the same route as you did and make my own.

A lot of people simply do not understand that prior to 2012 there was only one size rambox, every accessory was designed to fit that box. In 2012 a new longer rambox (for 6.4 bed only) was introduced. Not only is it longer, it is made of different materials and the inside features and dimensions are different from its predecessor. Short 5.7 beds still get the original design in 2012. Also, only the long box comes with the little rubber bottom mats, the short version does not. Not sure why, but thats how it is. I have not yet found any long box owner that purchased a Mopar divider kit and can report on fit. Just based on visual inspection of both box sizes I'm fairly sure that the horizontal floor pieces will not fit but I'm not sure about the vertical dividers. And as I said at the beginning of this thread, RAM and Mopar are no help whatsoever in verifying this.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey edd5 I have the same sentiment w/ ram/ chrysler cust service. I get these dumb run around explanations that lead no where. Or they redirect me to their already contradictory & confusing website nonsense. I had paint issues w/ my truck & was told "oh well, the dealer is satisfied w/ the repairs, so then are we"! Oh really, who's the customer here? If I didn't actually like the truck in the other aspects I'd had driven it back to the dealer & left it there till they gave me my money back. I can't stand the lack of quality control w/ them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts