DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got time and the right kit so Thursday afternoon I got the Ram dropped! Went well, took about 4 hours which would have been quicker if my floor jack wouldn't have died :( I acutally did 3/4 of the kit with the stupid screw jack from the truck because my other floor jack is 40 miles away.. Anyway here are some pics!

Before:

After Pics .... this evening...

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't know if your still working on it or my computer is not loading them but I don't see any pictures

·
Registered
420 Posts
haha yep now it works and it looks awesome!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Looks great man! I lowered the back of my quad about 1" and it made a huge difference, I hate the factory rake.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting the alignment on Monday! Gotta take it to the dealership anyway.. They somehow missed the recall to update the heater / a/c door programming.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lookin' Good.........nice stance !:smiley_thumbs_up: That stance is just what I'm looking for........not snake-belly low, just a little lower than stock.

The cold weather should be gone pretty soon, so I'm getting ready to order my lowering kit for my '12 Ram. It was down to getting either the Ground Force kit or the 964SP BellTech kit. You mention you used the Ground Force kit.

The Bell tech kit appears identical to the Ground Force kit........4 springs, 4 shocks and jounce bumpers.

The problem is the Ground Force kit is about $300-$400 more than the BellTech. Most places have the Belltech kit for around $400, while the Ground Force is anywhere between $725-$800.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason why the Ground Force kit is this much more expensive ? Maybe the springs are pure gold !:thk:

Joe M.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I choose the GF kit because I was impressed by their knowledge and willingness to answer questions when I called them. They are also the only kit that is 3" drop in the rear which I think is perfect. True, they are the most expensive, but my truck rides and handles great, and the dealer had no issues aligning the fronts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thmupr....which dealer did you take it to to get aligned? I'm in plano, and noticed your in sherman. How do you like the ride? Thinking of ordering the same this week, just worried that the dealerships will blame the kit for any transmission or suspension related problems in the future. by the way, where'd you get the kit?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thmupr....which dealer did you take it to to get aligned? I'm in plano, and noticed your in sherman. How do you like the ride? Thinking of ordering the same this week, just worried that the dealerships will blame the kit for any transmission or suspension related problems in the future. by the way, where'd you get the kit?

I used Hoyte in Sherman to do the alignment, pretty good group of guys there.. Ask for Michael in service he'll fix ya up. I ordered my kit from Amazon, good price and I had some points to use there. Oh yea, the GF kit is the same as the Mopar kit, I doubt any dealer would give you much fuss on warranty.

·
Registered
626 Posts
^ I only payed like $300 for my gf kit ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
^ I only payed like $300 for my gf kit ;)
Thats one hell of a deal.:smileup: Pick my kit up new about 8 months ago on Amazon for $620 and that was at least $100 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. No complaints though. Love the truck, never have had any problems with the kit or the way it rides. No rubbing, bumping and the tires are wearing prefectly even. Very easy do-it your self install.

·
Registered
220 Posts
OOOOOO, daddy like!!!! lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
Prod- got it from sema ;) and yes you'll need to do an alignment if you don't wanna blow through tires!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts