DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel. 35600 miles. 10 trips to dealer handling 3 issues.

1st issue to dealer, transmission leak. Dealer said it pan, they replaced it. Leak continued so I took it to a 2nd dealer. They thought the 1st pan replaced was done badly so they put on a new one. Leak continued. Took it back to the same dealer. They said it was the rear seal. So they dropped the trans and replaced the seal. It continued to leak. Took it back to the dealer, put it on a lift with trans mechanic, service writer and I standing under it. Leak was coming from left side of trans. It was a bad O ring, part of a filter. Problem solved.

Next issue, left front shock blew out about 27K miles. Don't do anything, 4X, curb climbing, nothing like that. It just went out.

Next issue causing 5 trips to the dealer, Sirius radio intermittent signal loss. Occurring in places where it shouldn't and where my wife's Sirius woks fiine.

1st trip to the dealer, Radio Frequency Hub replaced. Didn't work.
2nd trip, memory flashed. Didn't work.

3rd trip, software updated.

4th trip, Radio unit replaced. Helped a littler still have intermittent signal loss.
This week, antenna had corrupt signal so that was replaced. Still have intermittent signal loss.
Anybody had similar issues with their Sirius?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your Ram.

Knock on wood....my 2016 Sport has been good to me so far.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The transmissions are pretty easy to seal, they use a rubber gasket so its not like you have to run a good RTV bead around it. IDK why that's be so hard for them.

The OEM shocks aren't great, I replaced mine at about 25,000 with Bilstein 4600s. Dad got 115,000 miles out of his OEM shocks on his 2009 Ram before we changed them this past April.

I don't have a Sirius subscription anymore, but when I did I never had reception issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my truck has serious reception issues for siriusxm. 98% time it works fine, then all of sudden random spasm here and there with dropped signal for 30 secs off on, then off on 30 secs later again.... really annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts