DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's the Electronic Vehicle Information Center. It's in your instrument cluster right in the middle. Your steering wheel should have some arrows pointing up, down ect on the left side. You control the EVIC with these arrows, and you can scroll thru different options. Scroll down until you see system setup and then hit the right arrow. Then scroll down until you find tilt mirror in reverse. If its checked hit the right arrow to uncheck it

G

·
That feature is in there to assist you in seeing the driveway so that you can back your trailer in there and get close to the edge or painted lines or whatever. It is actually a useful function under certain circumstances...and when used in conjunction with your backup camera can be a valuable tool.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep, I was wondering about the tilt mirror option. I have the EVIC and heated power mirrors but I don't seem to have the tilt in reverse option. I wish I did though, I back into my garage to park and a lot of times I manually move the passenger side mirror down to make sure I'm hitting the right spot.

G

·
This discussion got me curious. I went out and looked in the system setup, and although I specifically told the salesman I wanted a tow package, it does not have the tilt mirror option in there. You have to be specific..or you get a tow hitch and light plugs. All sorts of other functions, but no tilt mirror. What I need to go back and try is put it in reverse and see if that lights up any option for the camera and possibly tilt. I doubt it. Usually you can't perform function changes unless the vehicle is in park or ACC mode.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know I don't have it on my truck but the car does. The feature would be much more useful if there was tilt switch on the dash or armrest rather than buried in a customization menu. Not every reverse manoeuvre needs to have the mirrors tilt. Auto tilt remains off on my car as I found it a nuisance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know I don't have it on my truck but the car does. The feature would be much more useful if there was tilt switch on the dash or armrest rather than buried in a customization menu. Not every reverse manoeuvre needs to have the mirrors tilt. Auto tilt remains off on my car as I found it a nuisance.

I agree. I have had that option on numerous other vehicles and never use it. I don't want to see the ground when backing up. I want to see what's behind me. Now maybe if I was backing into a city parking space I would use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.