DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at these black chrome replica wheels online and can't decide whether to stick with the chrome oem or go with these black chrome I need your guys opinion of these rims and thoughts, thanks. Here is my truck so you guys think it'll look good with these rims since it's a dark color?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I love the black/chrome, but since your truck is dark blue, not the lighter blue, I say chrome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ah, guys, the RT rims are not chrome from the factory at all. They are just polished alloy. I like them better than chrome anyway.

Since you asked, I am not a fan of black wheels on anything mainly because everyone and their uncle are doing it. I tend to go the opposite way of the masses.

·
Registered
212 Posts
For the record the R/T oem wheels are a forged alloy wheel and weigh about 13 lbs. less than replicas......just saying

·
Registered
212 Posts
Polished aluminum ^^^ not chrome

·
Registered
97 Posts
They sell a two step paint kit you could use to give your wheels they same black chrome look. It's only like $20 at your local parts store. I have used it several times with great results. Easy to do. Very resistant to chipping

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just posted a thread on my 2017 wheels. They are no longer Alcoa wheels. They are the same Taiwan made repros as the black chrome. I would have kept my 2014... Feeling cheated. So I would buy the black chrome and enjoy them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts