DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This truck is driving me nuts...! Everytime I get into it I have a different rattle from a different area. I have had a rattle in my dash since day one. Dealer put anti itch material around bezel... did not work. Also, have various dash rattles that are sometimes in the steering column area? Have a rattle in the drivers side door. Then two days ago I noticed a rattle coming from the back seat area. I believe it may be the rear window vibrating.......? The radio bezel material is a bad choice...! Sometimes it sounds like the thing is going to fall out. This is my second domestic vehicle after going away from them for awhile but I am about ready to go back and never come back.........................................! Oh, did I mention the quirky transmission shifts and the howel at I get between 30-40 MPH. :smiledown:

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
first you have 2012 truck covered by a warranty, the dealer should be all over this. sounds more like a dealer issue than a truck issue. that being said, every manufacturer, foreign and domestic let a bad one get through every so often. but rattles, really on a brand new truck, this is chicken shit you should not have to deal with. i would be in the dealership owners office wondering why a 35 to 45000.00 truck wasn't prepped and can't be repaired. ask for the district rep and bring it back 3 times for same problem and lemon law it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the howl your referring to is the same thing I have. It's at about the same speed as mine, learn to live with it. I had a 2004 that does the same thing. I first heard it at about 3000 miles took to the dealer more then once with no luck finding the problem. There was 187,500 miles on it when I sold it.Other then the howl that I stopped listening to. I never had a problem with the trans, rear or drive-train for that mater. I read all different opinions on what the sound was from but never figured out for sure. Now I have 2012 and I hear the same sound exactly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree!

I agree with most everything that has been said. However, I would expect a little more from a vehicle that retails right around $40,000! I was really frustrated as you can tell when I wrote the post. I really like the truck otherwise but I can't believe the number of rattles in this thing. What makes it even more frustrating is they are not constant. The dash rattle will come and go. However, sometimes it is so loud you can't believe it. I have researched this dash rattle to death and have not read any concrete fixes or known causes. I have read where people just give up as no one has an answer for it and they trade it in on something else. Living with a howl from the rear end on a $40,000 truck is also a tough pill to swallow. I have already received a trade in value and it made me sick to my stomach.
:SHOCKED:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts