DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have to say I am getting frustrated with Dodge, I am trying to get details about the Ram Buyback problem and I get different answers from EVERYONE I speak to.

The letter I received in the mail says I can sell my truck back to Dodge for Fair Market Value plus 10%. This appears to be a good offer until you find out the Definition of FAIR MARKET VALUE is different dependent on when the phrase is used.

From Webster dictionary. A price at which buyers and sellers with a reasonable knowledge of pertinent facts and not acting under any compulsion are willing to do business

This is my definition of the term as well. If I was to list my truck on Autotrader or if you were to put my truck on a sales lot, the Fair Market Price would be used to sell the truck to the new owner. This is very easy to understand.

When this phrase is used with the Ram buyback program it comes up with a price thousands of dollars less. The FCA Recall web site is clearly giving me the TRADE IN VALUE for my truck. This is a far different price than Fair Market Value.

And further yet the actual Order from the NTSA says nothing about Fair Market Value. The order says Purchase price, minus depreciation, plus 10%.

I have enclosed the ORDER for your review.

The wording on your FCARECAL.COM web site changed in the last 24 hours to state trade in value plus 10%
My letter from FCA states Fair Market Value
The NTSA Order States Purchase price, minus depreciation, plus 10%.

These are all different amounts.

I can find nobody that can explain why the official offer is different than what is in the NTSA Order.

I look forward to your timely response.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/272686180/FCA-NHTSA-Consent-Order

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would say by reading it that they should use what the dealer would sell it for as "fair market value" + 10%. Which I'd consider to be the same as purchase price - depreciation + 10%. Trade in value is always gonna be less the "fair market" value that the Dealer gonna sell it for on the lot. I think you are right on in your thinking.

·
Registered
815 Posts
What are they to do with all the buy backs? I hope it don't flood the market with used buybacks...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Why is it that the 1500 Rams don't get the buy back? I have an 08 1500 4x4. :eek:ld:
You really don't want it anyway.They're using KBB +10%,but the problem with that is that the KBB price has been dropping like a stone apparently the last couple of months BECAUSE OF THE BUYBACK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts