DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched to see if this question had been previously asked but could not find it anywhere.
I have a 2012 Laramie Longhorn Limited and like the idea of the RAMBOXes being able to be locked with the key FOB.
Does anyone know if there is any dealer or aftermarket conversion option for this?
I love these RAMBOXes and they were a major issue in buying the truck in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll comment just to get some attention to this. I have Ramboxes as well and would like to install a remote lock for them. If I ever have enough free time, I would love to install actuators to lift them.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
my 2014 sport rambox has the locked with the key FOB option, well it's standart

so I imagine if you go to the dealer and buy the locks and actuator then run a wire from on of the door lock to the the rambox it should work

·
Registered
3 Posts
It appears that they started offering the remote lock on the Rambox in 2013, just year after mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWaJwqqlF4

Bummer, however, that means there may be parts out there to upgrade older vehicles.

As far as the idea of powering the Ramboxes with linear actuators, I guess I'll have to do a bit more research.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I'm sure if you look on mopar repair part manual on the web, you will find the actuators and locks for cheap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts