DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchased the Sxe silverstar high and low beam lightbulbs had the guys at the store look up the correct socket and size and i double checked on line they were correct. when i got my headlight out of my truck i noticed i only have a place for 1 head light bulb and 1 signal bulb. is anyone familiar with this issue. because it seemed to me the guys at the parts shop seemed to think I had 4. low and behold i've only got two. secondly the fit isn't even anywhere close. the sockets dont match up. the original bulb is a straight shot, the replacement bulbs have the socket and then a 90 degree angle to the bulb itself. any of you guys know what i'm looking at and what i should be looking for when i go return these light bulbs?

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
There are two different headlights on the Ram....you have the dual setup, some have a quad beam setup.

You need H13 bulbs...they are low & high beam together.

Return 4 and leave with 2! Money in the bank :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey just a word of advice. Don't touch the bulbs (Glass) when installing. You'll shorten the life. Also there are reports that those bulbs burn out super fast. Check the posts on this site. I think someone reported the same. I tried to use those bulbs in my wife's Mitsu Montero and they burned out with a few months. Went back to the regular ones and they work fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had some silver stars in the wifes old Pacifica one burned out in 5 months on my way to work.. the other burned out same day on my way home.. Luckly I only live 5 mins away from work, I can only recommend to leave the other bulbs some where in the truck Just in case..

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I had some silver stars in the wifes old Pacifica one burned out in 5 months on my way to work.. the other burned out same day on my way home.. Luckly I only live 5 mins away from work, I can only recommend to leave the other bulbs some where in the truck Just in case..
:Wow1::SHOCKED::LOL::gy::thk:
Now dats some funny sh!t right there i tell ya....lol.
You ain`t gonna be changin no 4th gen bulbs out on the highway...lol.
Well, i guess ya could, but you better have you a ton of tools with ya and a lotta time.
Just some advice to others, silverstar bulbs are NOT worth what you pay for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts