DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new truck cap for my 2012 Ram. Just checking if any of you have one of the primers on your truck and see how the rear seal is lite for the dodge tail gate. Pic's of cap and tail gate would be great thanks guys

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm looking to buy a new truck cap for my 2012 Ram. Just checking if any of you have one of the primers on your truck and see how the rear seal is lite for the dodge tail gate. Pic's of cap and tail gate would be great thanks guys
I'm not sure what you mean by "primer", but most caps come with a plastic piece on the bottom of the back glass that fits over the top of the curved tailgate.

I bought a Raider cap for my truck, and instead of the plastic piece being attached to the glass, they provide a plastic cap/cover that goes on the tailgate (see below):

The glass has a rubber seal on it that seals against the tailgate cap when it's closed:

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks allot , are you happy with the ranch? I have never had a cap but I think it would be nice for trips with family and going out west on hunting trips? The 5.7 bed is small so I think this gives you so much more room.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Happy so far. Just got it on Saturday. Looks great, love the drop down window and keyless option but you can get those on any brand. I need the extra room and the ability to lock up my goods. Ranch offered that at the lowest cost. The Ranch shows very nice quality, solid construction (all but climbed on it to wax it last night) and smooth good looks. Just couldn't see myself paying a couple hundred more for a Leer and a few hundred more for an ARE. One caveat though, it makes backing up a little more tedious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks if you don't mine how much did you pay, my guy told me 1750 outthe door with drop down window no electric door, debait that. I'm going to get the sec. box for hunting guns, that is what is selling me on it .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts