DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days I've noticed the parking lights flashing I've seen it happen 150 feet away going off several times every couple of minutes and then stop for a couple of hours then random flashes. I dont have remote start or push button start just the standard fob, I also thought it was because having it my pocket it was pushing one of the buttons but I have had it sitting on a table while it was flashing. Also in several different locations so I dont think its interference.
Does anyone else have this issue or know what it is?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles...a couple of things I found searching the web...

"start at the "Total Integration Power Module" TIPM under the hood and take all connectors off and check for corrosion and go from there. That is the common point for all your issues and you being in a heavy salt state for the winters, I would not doubt corrosion has taken root either at the TIPM and/or a common ground off it."

or (and probably something to check first)

try another fob if you have one. Another guy on another forum who had this issue switched fobs and the issue stopped.

Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet trying to get into the dealers schedules keep conflicting but its still doing it i've tried leaving my key at home and using the spare but still keeps doing it randomly

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Please keep us posted once you are able to have the dealership look at the truck. Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you through the process!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: The service guy called me and told me it was something I was doing....he said I was hitting the fob too many times and it wasnt able to keep up with my requests.
I explained to him I wasnt pushing the buttons at all and was keeping the fob in my shirt pocket and then leaving it on the table...lights still flashed. I asked him if they were able to duplicate it and make it flash he said they did I asked him if he was pushing the buttons repeatedly he said no they werent touching it....so I said then why would you think I was pushing the button. (phone silence) said he would get back to me....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a call back they said the fob might be defective said it wasnt covered under warranty I told him to hold off ill remove the battery from this one and ill use the other to see if it keeps doing it at the same time my radio locked up and they messed around with it for a while. They said there replacing the radio on Friday...hopefully they might be related and the flashing will go away

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Update: The service guy called me and told me it was something I was doing....he said I was hitting the fob too many times and it wasnt able to keep up with my requests.
I explained to him I wasnt pushing the buttons at all and was keeping the fob in my shirt pocket and then leaving it on the table...lights still flashed. I asked him if they were able to duplicate it and make it flash he said they did I asked him if he was pushing the buttons repeatedly he said no they werent touching it....so I said then why would you think I was pushing the button. (phone silence) said he would get back to me....
GAAAAAAH! Such typical dealer service BS! Makes me so mad!:doh:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After all that they changed the radio because it had locked up so in the back of my mind I was hoping the flashing would go away....after a day or so the flashing started up again I figured I would take the fob apart and remove the battery and use the other fob to see if it continued....What I found was a tiny lint ball the size of a bb rolling around inside of it I removed it and blew out the lint and so far (3 days) no flashing.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 pro master flashing parking light started about 6 months after I bought it. Had it back to the dealer twice no one can find anything wrong.. complete frustration

1 - 15 of 15 Posts