DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wow that's pathetic. My crew ran 15 flat bone stock.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yeh i bet if they switched the 35's for some 17 inch skinnys they would drop a full second...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^my thoughts exactly. Those big heavy wheels/tires don't help much. Drop at least half a second there alone.

I'm also not too impressed. Luis's 4.7L ram with less mods ran a 14.99...

Seems that the ecoboost is faster than the 6.2L(or whatever engine it has)?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The Raptors run mid to high 14s all day long...this vid is a fluke. I'm sure you could find some hemi Rams just as slow. I don't like Fords but let's be truthful, these thngs are faster than this, lol!

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
My QC 4x4 runs low 15s stock. One thing we have to remember, that truck is in no way designed to be a drag truck. The weight between the tires and suspension alone would be enough to cause any of us grief with similar setups. 15 sec 1/4 or 15"/18" of wheel travel for driving 100MPH over the countryside? It does wery well at whet it's designed for, so who cares if it sucks at the 1/4 mile :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
They ran it all day and could only get a 15.1, not so much a fluke!
Sry, I'm sure this happened but it's one in a million (figure of speach). Either it's a bad driver or the people involved in the vid aren't too swift...the fluke is in there somwhere. I don't like Ford but I'm trying to be fair...same goes for hemi ram vids. I don't know if I did this right but here's what they run on average. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4W6pGA1YY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right, but it is a race shop that also has a 9 second 2011 5.0 mustang. I wish Stainless Works would make truck headers, there products are amazing!!!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i ran a 14.592 with basically the same mods minus headers with wind blowing straight at us and crappy goodyear wranglers. not impressed either!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts