DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
mine just started today i kept thinking it was something loose in the cab so ill prob be taking it in as soon as i get back from a 3 month course so the dealership can tell me im crazy keep us updated if you find anything out before me id appreciate it and vise versa for you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer is being kinda bitchy with me i bought 2 dodges off them a ram and a charger and when i traded the ram i got off of them for another ram from the local chevy dealer i get the cold shoulder kinda like i betrayed them they told me since i bought it used someome may have taken it out and put it back correctly so it may not be covered under warranty and i could get stuck paying the hourly shop rate I may be pulling the radio out my self to see if theres a loose bracket or something. Plus they said may 1 is the soonest they could get me in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured mine out dealer was gonna make me wait till may for them to look at it i opened it III took the radio out and poof no more rattle after looking closer the top plate of the radio is really loose causing the rattle not to wait for the dealer

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a noise behind the instrument cluster. Kinda like a plastic on plastic "tick". Turns out it was the duct work for the driver side vents. There is a duct for the main vent at the door and one for the small vent above. They were so close that while driving they were tapping each other, making the noise that drove me crazy. I fixed it by stuffing a piece of cloth between them.

If there is one complaint I have about these trucks, it is that there seems to be a lot of squeaks, rattles and other noises from the interior compared to other trucks I have owned/driven. They aren't very loud, and most people don't hear them, but I do and they drive me nuts. This was my first Ram, so maybe I got a dud, or maybe that is a trade-off for a much cheaper sticker price. Having said that, I have no regrets of buying the Ram, and each brand(even each vehicle) has their own quirks, so I guess I'll deal with it for now, 390hp should help me deal just fine....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts