DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I have the Alpine RBZ head unit and have a problem with my display settings. I would think that choosing the Auto Color Mode in the display settings should switch between the daylight color setting during the day and the nightime color setting when it's dark. Mine is not doing that... It's blazing the daylight settings all the time. Pretty blinding when night falls. Anyone else have this happen to them? Am I missing some configuration that allows this to automatically switch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am having the same problem on my 430, it is set to auto but not changing. I haven't had alot of time to dive in the settings yet though to see if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Under the headlight switch there is a brightness wheel make sure it's not all the way to the right if it is the brightness will be full brightness all the time.

·
Premium Member
32,678 Posts
I have the 730Navigation radio, so i don't know if the settings are even close to the same

The RBZ 430 is a non navigation radio, quite similar to the RHB 430N, but without the navigation

this is the RBZ Msdia Center MYGIG radio
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/rbz/

look to the left for DOWNLOADS
Media Center 430 (RBZ) Manual
click on it & & it will d/l the manual for your radio

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Under the headlight switch there is a brightness wheel make sure it's not all the way to the right if it is the brightness will be full brightness all the time.
Agree exactly how it works. I confirmed with mine this morning,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purodude - you nailed it! I happened to be in for an oil change on Tuesday and remembered to ask a tech that was walking by... he said the instrument panel dimmer has a setting between the dimmer part and when the interior lights comes on. He called it 'Parade Mode'. (That's not important, but I thought it was funny) If you back the dimmer off and put it at the top of the dimming part of the wheel, then the radio will auto swtich to day / night mode when your headlights turn on and off. Confirmed this morning! Hope that helps. I appreciate the input guys!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I also discovered that it will turn off the puddle lights aswell. So when u open the door they don't come on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts