DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys getting all of my parts here soon to lift my 12 sport , i want to know if i should go with 12.5 inch tires or 13.5. I want the wider tire but dont know if itll fit with just a 6 inch lift or do i need some bilsteins. Will the 12.5 clear just fine with just the rcx lift? Most likely be going with rockstars -24 offset.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would stick with 12.50, and make sure you go to manf site and check actual width, my trail grapplers are 325/50/22 (13.19 wide)and the side lugs hit the spindle(i beleave thats what its called) had to order spacers/adapter for them to fit. Maybe with your rims and offset you might not have issues??

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Hey guys getting all of my parts here soon to lift my 12 sport , i want to know if i should go with 12.5 inch tires or 13.5. I want the wider tire but dont know if itll fit with just a 6 inch lift or do i need some bilsteins. Will the 12.5 clear just fine with just the rcx lift? Most likely be going with rockstars -24 offset.
It really depends on which tire you want to run. My buddy has an 11 Sport that we just finished lifting. Its a 6" RCX with 20" Rockstars -24mm offset and 37x13.50x20 Toyo MTS........RUUBBED HELLA BAD. Had to trim the valence, the painted sport bumper and 4-6 inches of inner fender......

The next day, just for size comparison..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it seems like it varies with everyone which i dont understand, Ive read guys on here like "shizbox" running 13.5 toyos on rockstars with bilsteins not even maxed out and he claims no rubbing whatsoever. I want 13.5 but not at the expense of hacking up my bumper. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks guys, Candy trucks look great, besides the gatorade bottle ;)

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Shizbox has his Bilstiens maxed I believe. Another guy on here has a Zone lift with maxed bilstiens and the Toyos and hes rubs some. Honestly if Erik would have waited to get this bodylift on his truck it woulkdnt rub.

Btw in that pic, the only diff in our trucks is I have maxed Biltiens.........and you cant even tell. Thats why I dont like these things. After they settle you lose half your 2.8" they claim.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Candy y'all put the lifts on yourself? Just how hard is it?....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shizbox has his Bilstiens maxed I believe. Another guy on here has a Zone lift with maxed bilstiens and the Toyos and hes rubs some. Honestly if Erik would have waited to get this bodylift on his truck it woulkdnt rub.

Btw in that pic, the only diff in our trucks is I have maxed Biltiens.........and you cant even tell. Thats why I dont like these things. After they settle you lose half your 2.8" they claim.

Yea i remember you saying you were going to get rid of them I thought, so your buddy only has 6"rcx and thats it?? I like the look of 12.5 on yours and i think thats the route im going, i think im on the wider is better mindframe, how do the 12.5 perform vs the 13.5

·
Registered
325 Posts
Its all a question of backspacing. The Toyos do have a fairly aggressive sidewall, but not to the point of effecting it that much in relation to the UCA. There are guys running 15.5" wide tires on similar lifts also. Just depends on the wheel width and backspacing.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Candy y'all put the lifts on yourself? Just how hard is it?....
Yessir. It's not bad at all honestly. If you're pretty handy and mechanically inclined you won't have any issues. We do ours on base at the Hobby Shop.

Yea i remember you saying you were going to get rid of them I thought, so your buddy only has 6"rcx and thats it?? I like the look of 12.5 on yours and i think thats the route im going, i think im on the wider is better mindframe, how do the 12.5 perform vs the 13.5
Yeah I want to get rid of them. He just has the 6" but we both have the RCX 1.25" body lifts waiting to go on. Hopefully next weekend they'll get installed.

For performance it depends on what you're using the truck for and the terrain around you. Personally I'm around a bunch of thick clay and gumbo so I like a skinnier tire, preferably a Swamper. Those Toyos won't close to holding it's own in the thick stuff compared to my Swampers, they don't clean well :doh:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Could you run say a 1-2" front spacer to make up for the droop from the bilsteins when they start to wear out??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts