DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To put the bushwackers on my truck I had to debadge the hemi badge but I would like it back on there somewhere, I am thinking of putting it where the 06-08 Ram's Hemi badge is, about the only place that looks good, thought of putting it under the RAM 1500 badges but I want to keep the doors as clean as they can be... So now for the questions, what should I use to stick them back on, adhesive, tape etc. any tips before I do this? measuring them to have them even on each side shouldnt be too hard. Any tips and input are appreciated, I did a search before posting it but the search on here isnt very good... any thread that has a post with the word badge in it comes up...

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Clean the back of them completely of the old adhesive. Then head to crappy tire/walmart/auto value and pick up the double sided foam tape from the automotive section. If you can find the genuine 3m stuff in the paint section, great, but the other stuff works just fine. Clean the area you want to apply the badge with rubbing alcohol or a good degreaser. Apply the tape to the back of the badge; line it up, level it, and then hold the top in place with painter's tape; remove the backing from the tape and stick it to the panel. Done.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean the back of them completely of the old adhesive. Then head to crappy tire/walmart/auto value and pick up the double sided foam tape from the automotive section. If you can find the genuine 3m stuff in the paint section, great, but the other stuff works just fine. Clean the area you want to apply the badge with rubbing alcohol or a good degreaser. Apply the tape to the back of the badge; line it up, level it, and then hold the top in place with painter's tape; remove the backing from the tape and stick it to the panel. Done.
thanks fella, i didnt figure it was too bad to do, just needed to know what adhesive to use which you stated!! :smileup: try to get that done of friday or staurday, its supposed to be nice!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Must be nice, we're still trying to melt all the snow we got at the start of the week.
ours has been gone for a month, got a ton and then it melted very fast, was 25*C for a few days about 2 weeks ago... My sisters bf is working outside of Hinton, AB, looking at his pics looks like there is still some snow there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts