DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
662 Posts
I think maybe I've narrowed it down...looking at a Red 2500 Laramie w/ Hemi and a Black 2500 Laramie Diesel. $40k and $45k respectively. Both are regular bed lenght. How do these prices sound to you guys?
Not really sure as I've not been looking at prices on Laramies. I'd suggest looking on EBay for a reference. A ton of dealers advertise on EBay and a lot will list a "buy it now" price. Don't be afraid to use the internet. Go to Dodge's website and build the truck you want and then search "local inventory" at nearby dealers. 90 % of dealerships have an internet sales department. A lot of large dealerships will give huge discounts off MSRP as they make their money from Dodge through bonuses by selling huge quantites of vehicles.

· Registered
662 Posts
If I wind up buying a Hemi powered 2500, I definately want the 4.10 gears because I want to run 35 inch tires.

· Registered
662 Posts
I'm glad I found this site and this thread. It's helped me make up my mind as far as engine choices. If I wind up with a 3/4 ton pickup it will definately be a gas engine. I'm positive I would have nothing but problems with a diesel engine because of my wife and my driving needs. Now I just have to decide between Dodge and Ford. On paper, the Hemi 5.7 and Ford 6.2 appear nearly equal.

· Registered
662 Posts
I researching my next truck purchase and at this point the front runners are the Ram 2500 and the Ford F-250. One thing for sure, I will not be purchasing a diesel. For my needs, the new diesels would be bad choice. I just wouldn't work the truck hard enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.