DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab, and neglected to order the rear defrost. I live in Washington State, so plenty of frosty mornings... Wondering how those of you without this option are doing? Do you miss it? I used this feature in my car quite frequently, but possible a truck and a good heater will make it something I won't miss? Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
341 Posts
With your heated side mirrors you should be OK. Most trucks do not have the rear window defrost, but know that is a good option. Also the heater in these trucks is pretty good from the reviews I am reading.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With your heated side mirrors you should be OK. Most trucks do not have the rear window defrost, but know that is a good option. Also the heater in these trucks is pretty good from the reviews I am reading.
Thanks for the input. My old Chevy truck didn't have rear defrost and I never missed it. It just kind of bugs me that I neglected to order it - oh well I'm sure I'm going to love it, and I'll probably never miss it.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
My 2013 didn't have it and I was concerned but my sales person told me because the rear window is vertical and not sloped like a car and the cabin heats fast and circulates air you don't need it. After two winters he was right, no need for it. I can only remember a few times the rear window was frosted up and it cleared quickly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2013 didn't have it and I was concerned but my sales person told me because the rear window is vertical and not sloped like a car and the cabin heats fast and circulates air you don't need it. After two winters he was right, no need for it. I can only remember a few times the rear window was frosted up and it cleared quickly.
Thats great news! It says you are from Michigan.... so you've had plenty of cold mornings to work with. Thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered the rear defroster, but then I forgot that I was getting a shell/cap. So wasted the money on this, when we ordered our truck.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It was a deal breaker for me.. Last winter I tended to use it more often than not but I am also not one to have the heater blasting either, so maybe that makes a difference.

I've also noticed that anytime there is any amount of snow on my tonneau cover while I'm driving, it'll blow up, attach to the rear window, melt, and instantly freeze.. Which would would bother the crap out of me if I didn't have a defroster to get rid of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the opening rear window so I'm hoping will be enough as the constant winter rain in the mainland usually fogs back windows in cars (my first truck so I'll have to see if it's an issue).

If need be, it's there an after market solution. ..are there any recommendations for brand etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can't imagine living in a northern state, paying extra money for the Laramie, but not getting the rear window defrost option.

I've had these trucks in Alaska, Washington, Idaho, and now Colorado, and would definitely recommend it. If you have a garage, it's probably not as big a deal. My last few places have been very rural and I've had my truck parked outside quite a bit, so it's an option I've been glad to have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts