DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as title says, looking for someone that has an aftermarket rear diff cover that fits no questions. thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
so as title says, looking for someone that has an aftermarket rear diff cover that fits no questions. thanks
I’m going with mag hytec from moes. Would have already gotten it but I’m waiting to go to his place of business in next few weeks. I have a ton of questions for him and would like to see about 20% off if I spend 2 grand in cash, and I’ve noticed the 3.92 gear went up 100 bucks on his website over night.. but to the point sorry , i am going with mag hytec without a doubt .

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
There are lots of options, the Chrysler 9.25" axle has been around since the 1970s and is not only used on the rear of the 1500s but the front axles of the HDs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rear diff cover

thanks for the replies. yea I've measured a few times and it seems close, plus i am considering the hellwig swaybar also.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I had Mag-hytec on my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 & currently have one on my 2016 Ram ecodiesel

i really like the dipstick that is in the cover

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rar diff cover

thanks for the feedback everyone. looks like this is going on my list after the first of the year, trying not to order everything at once so i don't get to board to quickly. lol like that can happen. :smileup:

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
I would stick with the stock unit or one that is shaped just like the oem one. It is shaped the way it is for a reason. it helps the oil flow over the gears inside better than the aftermarket ones.

Gail Banks of Banks Performance did a nice series of videos while he learned how the different shapes of the covers perform. It was very informative. We even had a thread discussing the videos and their info.

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=257895

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
By the way, if you have any clearance issues with any rear differential cover & a Hellwig or other sway bar
You just add spacers to move the sway bar a bit further away from the cover

i see that they have not committed this guy yet :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY3IjXrTS6s

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rear diff cover

cool thanks, yea that wouldn't be an issue as i have access to stuff i can use to make a spacer....

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
The Hellwig sway bar is great.

·
Happy Ram - No more GM
2017 Silverado 1500 QC 4x4.
996 Posts
I would stick with the stock unit or one that is shaped just like the oem one. It is shaped the way it is for a reason. it helps the oil flow over the gears inside better than the aftermarket ones.

Gail Banks of Banks Performance did a nice series of videos while he learned how the different shapes of the covers perform. It was very informative. We even had a thread discussing the videos and their info.

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=257895
I agree. Gale Banks has done a ton of R&D on this subject - OEM shape works the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts