DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a 11' Ram 1500 hemi sport. My truck has the 3:92 rear end with LSD. My truck stock has the 275/60R20 tires. A few weeks ago i changed them to 275/55R20. So now my truck a 32" tires not the stock 33" tires. I like the little extra pep the truck has now but not crazy about the ride now. What can i do rear end wise to make my truck drive like it has the 32" tires but really have the 33" tires if that makes any since sorry guys lol. I was thinking of just getting a set of the 11' R/T gears but not sure what i should do. Write now with the 32" tires at 80mph the truck is at 2400rpm. I dont really want it any higher then that if possible with the 33" tires and gears. What gear brands are out there for the 11's and do you think the R/T gears would give me what im looking for. And i also use the truck for towing once or twice a month. Thanks :smileup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The 1" difference in tire really is not worth re gearing. You will notice a good jump going to the RT 411s both in RPM and pep. You might be able to get a little softer spring to help cushion the ride a little better, but I have no idea what that might be as far as spring to go with

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im not sure the tire size changed your ride quality. Its possiable your choice in tire brand and make may have changed it more then the size diffrence did. I `was running thorn birds on my old truck and it rode like a tank. when I switched the tires out I went with a firestone ATX and the truck rode like a cadilac.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts