DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been having an issue with my 2018 Ram 1500 Sport 5.7 Crew Cab 6.4 Box. Periodically on the highway (above 100km/h/ 60mph) the rear end of the truck shakes, not uncontrollably but enough to make the ride uncomfortable. Now my dealer has been good with fixing and changing everything for free so far even though it's out of warranty. So far I purchased a new set of aftermarket wheels and tires that didn't help, had them rebalanced and that did not solve the problem. The dealer has given me a new set of winter tires for free (coopers) as well at the same time they replaced the rear driveshaft as well as the joints. This seemed to it down but it is still very noticeable. Also just to reiterate this is only at highway speeds and it comes and goes.

Does anybody have the same problems or any solutions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Are you running factory sized tires? Or big oversized jobs. Have they tried turning the driveshaft 1/2 turn in the diff? I had a bounce in my 2500 4wd. I'm a tech and balanced the rear tires myself, still had noticeable to me vibration. I took tires off and match balanced by turning tire on rim per the balancer suggestion. It took the majority of the vibration out. They are used tires that have been on the ruck. So I'm OK with it now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you running factory sized tires? Or big oversized jobs. Have they tried turning the driveshaft 1/2 turn in the diff? I had a bounce in my 2500 4wd. I'm a tech and balanced the rear tires myself, still had noticeable to me vibration. I took tires off and match balanced by turning tire on rim per the balancer suggestion. It took the majority of the vibration out. They are used tires that have been on the ruck. So I'm OK with it now.
I bought the truck used from a dodge dealer. The tires that came on the stock wheels were balled but the dealer insisted they weren't. I ended up buying new oversized wheels and tires and the vibration was still there. The dealer then gave me a brand new set of stock-sized winters and installed them on the truck, installed a brand new driveshaft and ujoints and the vibration is still present. The vibration/shake is only occasional, it comes and goes randomly on the highway. Also, the tires are roadforce balanced (both sets, my oversized and my new stocks with winter tires).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts