DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been looking for some back up sensors to install on my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. I know there is the one with the two black boxes specifically for the Ram; however, there is also the style with the four sensor "dots" for the nitro, caliber, challenger, etc. Does anyone know if you can instal those on the Ram?? I have seen them in pictures on Rams but other people that i talked to says they won't fit because the Ram is not on the "model" list. Please help

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Welcome to the Z. My 2010 has 4 sensors on the back bumper and they display on my EVIC. I'd check with the dealer to see if they can be added so they show on your EVIC as well. Its nice to know which sensor is going off, not just the sound.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you have the four "dot" sensors on your? Do you have any pics? i want the dealer to install these because they were going to match a good deal for parts and install but they haven't gotten back to me on if they would fit or not, at first glance they said no; however i see them on a lot of pictures so i was curious if they were universal in a sense despite not being listed on model fit list.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Here ya go. That's the best rear view I have of the bumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonderful...so it can be done...is that the Big Horn badge? I like, i have the exact truck but silver

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Mine is a SLT BigHorn edition. Is yours an 09 or 10? The 09s the sensors had lights above the back window and the 10's show up on the EVIC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the SLT Big horn edition as well. Mine is a 2010. What is the EVIC? i know the dealership told me with just sensors, the sound alerts would come through the speakers. If i had the camera too, the sounds would still come through the speaker but you would just be able to see it on the screen too, if you have the camera as well. I have the navi installed in my truck.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Was going to mention the camera. Since you have the SLT Big Horn, I'm surprised you don't have the sensors. Anyway, I suggest getting the camera installed too. I love mine, especially at night in dark lots. Reverse lights, light on back of cab and brake lights really illuminate things.

Combined with my towing mirrors and sensors, there's no place I can't back up.

The EVIC is the display on your dash between the tach and speedo. EVIC means Electronic Vehicle Information Center.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys, not trying to steal your thread or anything tvandyne but I have a '09 and wanted the back up sensors but I too could only find those box style ones from mopar. How would I go about getting the dot ones offline? Any part number to go by? I love that yours shows up on the EVIC! Could mine do that or only '10 :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will post pics here in a minute of my truck...

The back up sensors are from Park Sense, model number 82208246AB,

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will post pics here in a minute of my truck...

The back up sensors are from Park Sense, model number 82208246AB,
Oh wow you already have some installed? Those you posted will work with our trucks?

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Parksense is the 4 bumper sensors, the 2009 sensors may be different than the 2010 model, i found this for the 2010 model, i found this on a Mopar site, http://www.wholesalemopar.com/dodge_accessories.html
https://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/_inc/getGraphic.cfm?graphic=SFPLImage129795.jpg &siteid=1&catalogID=5399

Parkview is the backup camera, here is a quick video
http://www.dodge.com/en/2010/ram_1500/safety_security/parking_assistance/

this comes right from ALLPAR, for the 2009 Ram
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System: Assists at low speeds in Reverse to detect stationary objects. Consists of visible (interior lights seen with rearview mirror) and audible warnings for the driver. Optional.

ParkView® Rear Back-up Camera: Provides a wide-angle view of the area immediately behind the vehicle, giving the driver greater peace of mind before backing up. Also aids in lining up a trailer to the vehicle’s trailer hitch, when so equipped. The image automatically displays on the navigation screen when the transmission is shifted into Reverse. Optional.
Read more at http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/dodge/features-safety.html?ktrack=kcplink

My 2009 Ram came with the 4 button sensors & i still made contact with the corner of a building, the signal went off just as i made contact, my dent is almost dead center in the bumper, I went to the dealership & told them to get me a Parkview camera & a Locking tailgate, they had not heard of either of them back in March 2009, then in April, i spotted a Laramie on the sales lot that had it. I told the Service Writer about it, he looked at it, opened the tailgate & took off the access panel, looked at it & took several pictures & then he showed the Parts guy & they ordered my parts

here is a picture of my bumper, you can see the little dent right below the 3 on my license plate
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1103/dscf0335g.jpg

this is a picture of my tailgate handle with the Parkview camera & locking tailgate, the locking tailgate is a must, no one can take your whole tailgate or just open it & easily remove your tail lights, sometimes by unplugging them, but, more often by cutting the wiring before the connectors, those connectors are hard to come by
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6871/tailgatehandle.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
wow thanks for all that info GTyankee!
I cant see the pics but that might be becuse Im at work so Ill try when I get home. How much did it cost you for the camera? Thats something I think will REALLY help me out with backing this thing up because this is my first truck (had a GT stang before) and its not all that small lol

Oh and that wholesalemopar site....Im a little confused. They have the camera on there that says MSRP $299 then they have their price as over $500? haha

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
CallMeClay, i just used that website because it showed images of the products, not that i was saying that is where to buy the product(s). Myself i just got them from the dealership, likely its not the cheapest there either, but, i also had them install the system & i had to pay for the labor, i think i paid $299 + tax, then the labor charge.
If you go with both the sensors & the camera, do them at the same time & you will save some on labor charges, as both sets of wires go from the rear end to the dash board, & they will be run together

one other thing, although the camera is a great tool, as are the bumper sensors, you can't easily tell just how many inches away you are with the camera, when backing, feet are much easier to judge, I have to back up to an olive tree with a limb that sticks out right at the top of the tailgate, luckily using mirrors & such, i have learned when to stop, because when i look at the cameras display, it looks like i am at least a foot away from that limb & i am actually 2 inches away
this is the limb that some day may modify my tailgate & its not mine to cut off :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh ok I can see the pics now (beautiful truck!)

I think Im going to look online and call around for some prices cause the backup sensors you have are the ones I would like, not the box ones on the mopar site. Thanks for all your input

1 - 16 of 16 Posts