DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had heavy rains recently and noticed bottom of rear passenger seat crevice is wet. I can follow the wet as far as I can with my fingers going up the wheel well but the trim is now getting in the way and can't follow any further. Not third light since roof liner is not wet. Any ideas?? I have included pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Do you have the rear sliding window ??

Is it a Quad or Crew cab ?

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
If you have the tools & a friend
I would remove the rear seat to access the insulation behind it
Then you can see if the leak is coming from the slider or elsewhere

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Are the rear underseat storage bins wet? It could be the 3rd brake light

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2013 1500 Big Horn crew cab. It has the rear sliding and after completely going crazy and 3 trips to the dealer while it was still in warranty at year 4 I pulled the third brake light and installed new weather strip I got from Home Depot. It was rubber not foam. And the problem is solved. I had the same exact location wet after washing and rains. It runs along the back frame and doesn’t get the headliner wet unless It was parked at a pretty good angle. Look at the weather strip on the third brake light and if it’s smashed, dry or non existent.......that’s it. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well when it rains it pours. It was the 3rd brake light. Got that replaced but now there is a leak on the sliding window at the bottom left corner. Would I have to replace the whole back glass?? Also by any chance do they make a single glass for the back window doing away with the sliding glass window all together? I swear I have opened it less than a dozen times. I just don't want to fix it again. Any thoughts??

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Well when it rains it pours. It was the 3rd brake light. Got that replaced but now there is a leak on the sliding window at the bottom left corner. Would I have to replace the whole back glass?? Also by any chance do they make a single glass for the back window doing away with the sliding glass window all together? I swear I have opened it less than a dozen times. I just don't want to fix it again. Any thoughts??

https://www.amazon.com/TYG-2009-201...46&sr=8-6&keywords=dodge+ram+1500+back+window

Seems pretty cheap too

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Had 2 leaks, one from the 3rd brake light and one from the sliding glass window. Got the brake light fixed and then had someone work on the sliding glass. Thought they could make the drains bigger but they accidentally touched the glass with the drill bit. Yep the glass broke so they had to pay for a whole new rear window with the sliding glass and installation ($1100.00). Probably worked out for the best and no have no leaks at all now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts