DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through searches, I've found that I'm not alone having a door lock actuator fail on my Quad Cab Ram (2010). I pulled the door skin off last night, and can just barely see the actuator/latch mechanism in behind the "inner skin".

Can someone give me the quick and dirty tutorial on replacing the latch/actuator assembly on a rear door? If I need to remove that inner skin, it looks like the window may have to come out too (because it looks like the track is attached to the inner skin? Seems overly complicated, so before I go wrenching out all the bolts I see, I'd like the Coles notes version if anyone has it?

Thanks!

(P.S. Lucky Americans... Rock Auto has the actuator for $45USD, but the dealer up here in Canada wants $145CAD - argh.... I hate paying shipping and brokerage fees to get stuff across the border!)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes the window is attached to the inner skin. Its held on by two clips. You gotta put the window down some to release the clips. One on each side. I think you have to pull the speaker to get to the one. After i had my window released i taped with painters tape to keep it from falling down

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Balki420 - did you ever find any other tech info for this post? I have to do the same thing on my truck - both rear doors.

Also - did you find a good deal here in Canada for those replacement parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NorthernRam... Nothing more than what Jhouse said. I wasn't able to find any better pricing, so I think I'm going to order the parts from the dealership in the next week or two and suck up the extra cost. I'll try to snap a few pictures as I do the work to share on here, assuming I don't smash my glass out. :-~ Will keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts