DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to remove/raise these things on a Crew Cab? It's impossible to clean the window behind them without removing them, but when I push in the base I can only lift them about a 1/4".:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea, on my truck the rear seat bottoms lift up and the seat backs "lean" forward giving you a little access to the glass behind the headrest...:smileup:

G

·
There should be a small tab on the base of the metal upright that allowss you to depress it and remove the headrest, unless I'm mistaken. I've never tried or had occasion to take out the rear headrests....but they should be removeable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
They come out really easy. Can't remember if it has a tab to push or not but slides out nice and goes back in just as easy. I hope this helps you out at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wiggle one side and then the other while holding the release tab. Work it out a little at a time. I had to take one of mine out for my boy's car seat to sit flush...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ditto here... there is a release push, and then wiggle out... new ones that haven't moved are a bit sticky...

Wiggle one side and then the other while holding the release tab. Work it out a little at a time. I had to take one of mine out for my boy's car seat to sit flush...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I wonder if the 2010 rear seat back folds forward as well? I would love to be able to clean the window...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Anyone know how to remove/raise these things on a Crew Cab? It's impossible to clean the window behind them without removing them, but when I push in the base I can only lift them about a 1/4".:4-dontknow:
Just lift the seat bottom up into it's folded position and the backrest will tilt forward. No need to remove the headrest.

·
Registered
337 Posts
These guys are right ,with the back seats leaning forward press the tab,lift up the head rest and out they go. Had mine out since I got the Ram 1500 QC 4x4 home.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
IIRC my headrests have a button you press to adjust the height, then once it's at full height and you want to remove them, there is an additional button on the opposite post and you have to press both to remove it....going from memory though so don't quote me on that...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I took mine out last night to clean the rear window. Easy to do. Then I took out the front ones and put the rear ones in the front seats. No more goofy looking, push your head forward front seat head rests. Problem solved, back window cleaned and better visability out the back window. I love this truck!

Jim in Pa:smileup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those "goofy looking push your head forward" headrests are designed that way for your safety, not looks. You would appreciate them more if you got hit from behind and snap your neck backwards.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Everyone keeps saying they are slanted forward for safety....what's wrong with a regular headrest? It doesn't need to be angled forward...it's just for appearance.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine pulled right out although it took a good pull. I took them off to eliminate the blind spots, much better. They are under the rear seat in case I ever put passengers in the back seats other than the dogs. There are two fabric loop pulls at the top of the rear seat, anyone know what those are used for?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Those "goofy looking push your head forward" headrests are designed that way for your safety, not looks. You would appreciate them more if you got hit from behind and snap your neck backwards.
Check my age, I'm not stupid! The rear head rests stand straight up and would still check a back lash. My head is only 2" from it sitting in my seat. I'm 6'3"

·
Registered
487 Posts
Everyone keeps saying they are slanted forward for safety....what's wrong with a regular headrest? It doesn't need to be angled forward...it's just for appearance.
From what I've been reading the headrest design is regulated so it's not just for appearance.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Why don't other cars have this steep angle then? I understand some may, but most don't.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I noticed the odd headrest angle when I first test drove the truck, but since buying it and driving it I really do not notice it much. My head does not touch it when driving, so it really is a non-issue for me. Calling it a headrest is really a misnomer as it gives the impression people use it while driving. It is more of a head restraint for protection in the event of an accident much like an airbag. If it were angled further back and your head were in contact with it your line of sight would be up at the roof.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check my age, I'm not stupid! The rear head rests stand straight up and would still check a back lash. My head is only 2" from it sitting in my seat. I'm 6'3"
Age has nothing to do with intelligence, but for the record, I never insinuated that you were stupid.

The tilt forward headrests have been proven to give better protection. Both of my other vehicles also have similar designs. It is a government safety thing. Why the rears are not so pronounced, I can't answer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts