DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my front sway bar bushings were starting to creak today when I pulled over an uneven driveway slowly with the blower and radio off so i am going to replace them.

I ordered the Moog K7384s for the front-I don't have a caliper but I used my adjustable wrench to determine I have the 36.8mm front sway bar instead of the 32mm.

Strangely, Moog didn't have a part listed for the sway bar to frame bushing for the rear bar-appears to be about an 18mm bar. Rock Auto did not have a listing for it either from any manufacturer and neither did Summit.

Has anyone replaced rear sway bar to frame bushings on their Ram? If so who made them and where did you buy them?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hellwig sells an upgraded rear sway bar. It comes with new clamps and bushings. Call them, they may sell the bushings separately.

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I mean if the only way to get new bushings is to upgrade my sway bar then I guess that's what I'll have to do.

I'll try selling that to the wife:LOL:

Seriously though I think its weird that Moog, or really any company would make bushings for the front and not the rear

Also, do I need to grease them before installing?

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
Strangely, Moog didn't have a part listed for the sway bar to frame bushing for the rear bar-appears to be about an 18mm bar. Rock Auto did not have a listing for it either from any manufacturer and neither did Summit.

Has anyone replaced rear sway bar to frame bushings on their Ram? If so who made them and where did you buy them?
Did the rear sway bar mount differently on 2013s? Because on my '15 the rear sway bar mounts to the axle and has end links to the frame.

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did the rear sway bar mount differently on 2013s? Because on my '15 the rear sway bar mounts to the axle and has end links to the frame.

Gahh, I meant bar to axle, not frame

·
Registered
381 Posts
The absolute best lube is wire pulling lube. Just go to the electrical section at Lowes and buy a small bottle. Glides on and absolutely does not soak into the rubber or degrade it. Use a spray bottle to wash it off the part when done. Or, you can use some regular K-Y jelly, but it takes more water to wash it off and your wife will accuse you of getting too intimate with your truck.

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you just use Moog K90551 ?
Do they list it on their site? I didn't see any for the rear sway bar on our trucks.

The absolute best lube is wire pulling lube. Just go to the electrical section at Lowes and buy a small bottle. Glides on and absolutely does not soak into the rubber or degrade it. Use a spray bottle to wash it off the part when done. Or, you can use some regular K-Y jelly, but it takes more water to wash it off and your wife will accuse you of getting too intimate with your truck.
Well she already does, soo...

Thanks though:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah the outside diameter was the part I was unsure of fitting. I may order a couple when I get back to the States

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I did the front ones anyway, the squishing sound going over bumps that I could only hear when the radio and blower were off and at low speeds is gone. The OEM ones do not have a gap to slide them over the bar and I wasn't taking the whole sway bar off to slide them off the end so I cut them with a box cutter. Moogs went on easy enough-ramboxhemi I did take your recommendation and use wire pulling lube, though the smallest container they had at Lowe's was 1 qt.

New Moogs:

Originals:

Seems to roll a bit less in the front now, whether its placebo or the thermoplastic Moogs vs the rubber OEMs. The Moogs were a much firmer material.

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Moderator
34,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 29 Posts