DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4 Hemi. My left rear tail light works, but the turn signal and brake light does not. Yesterday, when I pulled my boat out of the water, I did not have any light on the left trailer light. I made sure I seated the cable from the trailer to the truck, and the trailer light worked. A short time later I got a warning that my left rear signal on the truck was out. But, at that time, it was still working. Today, I got the same warning, and now it does not work.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,238 Posts
If you're saying you only had one taillight on the trailer working briefly, it sounds like two distinct things are happening.
If only one trailer tail is working, it's got to be a trailer issue because they're both powered via one wire in the trailer plug.
Unlike the brake/turn lights which are powered individually.
As for the left turn/brake on the truck not working, is it safe to assume you tried a known good bulb in the truck's left turn/brake light?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried a new bulb yet. I figured if it was the bulb nothing would work, to include the taillight when I turn the lights on at night.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,238 Posts
The tail lights are an entirely distinct bulb/circuit than the brake lights, both in the truck and on the trailer. A bad bulb in a brake light won't affect the tail light circuit at all, and vice versa.
When just one tail light quits, or just one brake light/turn signal quits, it's usually a bulb problem. If both quit at the same time, then it's time to look in the fuse box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts