DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody know for sure whether the rear underfloor storage bins were a standard feature on all the 2012 2500's or an option?

I'm in the market for one of these and this is a feature that I would really like to have. The very few I'm finding for sale are all SLTs and pretty far away so it's good to know as much as possible before making the trip. It's not going to be a deal breaker but the more you know, the better.

As a bonus question: if an option, has anybody tried to install them afterwards? Is it feasible?

Thanks a lot folks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are talking about the two side pockets in the rear cab area, they are optional. If you are talking about the storage under the rear seat it is build in. There are options like,- lids for the rear seat storage and a fold out flat floor that are options. It is possible to add the side storage pockets (they are expensive from the dealer) but available and not nearly as expensive from a recycle wrecking yard. They have 6 torque head screws to remove and the whole units pop out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you DodgeBigguy15.

As a matter of fact I already discovered it by myself when I finally found a suitable truck and bought it a while ago. Fortunately it does have the underfloor storage bins with the removable inserts and they are great. The only thing I'm not in love with is the fact that the slick plastic lids make the rear mats more prone to move and slip around instead of staying in place.

Still worth it though!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Crew actually and I love the bins. I don't remember ever seeing a Quad Cab in that vintage? I see plenty of pre ~09 but not 4th gen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts