DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my rear view camera and tonneau cover and remote tailgate locking done yesterday!

For those interested:

2012 1500 Outdoorsman w/ RHB radio/nav

Added the MOPAR rearview and remote tailgate locking

Put on a Trifecta by Extang tonneau cover, it's nice that it's locked down via only tailgate access, and not having to use the key is wonderful.

Took the dealer quite a while to install, first 2012 they've done. About 8hrs (who knows if that was all work) But they did both for $300 labor. The cam and lock cost about $350 total.

Also:
1) got a stubby red/carbon fiber antenna to install/replace
2) got a debo-step tailgate step to install
3) hidden trailer harness to wire in my lighted dodge ram hitch cover to install (no cut/inline)
(got #3 because wiring in the lighted cover to the stock plug looks like poo-poo as my wife says - this one is Y'd in off the tail-light and is completely out of sight)

Bad pic attached, weather has been too bad to take more w/tonneau cover...:smileup:

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
8RS work for a $300.00 labour charge at a dealership?

Don't complain.

Nice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8RS work for a $300.00 labour charge at a dealership?

Don't complain.

Nice.
Eh, not complaining, but they told me 2.5 hrs, they had my car from 7am until 12pm -the next day-.

However, all is great now!

Installed my Debo-Step tonight too, works like a charm! (I'm old and fat :) ) Also, got my new "Y" or "T" trailer harness so my lighted dodge ram hitch cover now looks nice, no wire showing to the external stock trailer connector.

Pic's coming soon of all this, too dark tonight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lockpick / Tailgate EZdown / LED internal lighting

Got the following coming in soon:

Lockpick for the Mygig 430N
EZdown Tailgate Support
LED (SMD) internal lights for Maps & Dome (also got the 68SMD reverse lights too)
Removed stubby red antenna and replaced w/ 15" black rubber flexible antenna (red was tacky looking)

One day the weather will be nice, I'll wash her up, and take some pics.

By the way, I'm lovin' my DeboStep tailgate step... Much easier for the kids too!

What's next folks? Ideas?

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Sounds like your Ram is coming along nicely

The DEBO STEP & my modified N-FAB nerf bars are the 2 best Tools that are on my Ram
Both help me into & out of the Ram

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed my EZDown tailgate lift yesterday evening... took about 5 minutes and was a piece of cake!

I love it, no more slamming of the tailgate from the kids (or me for that matter)

If anyone is interested in this for their 2012, I'd advise stopping by the local hardware store and grabbing another large washer for the top part (the one included is a tad bit slimmer than the original (which wont come off the bolt)) Also, I'd recommend a small washer for the bottom cable connection (if you don't, it looks like it will eventually rub off a lot of paint)

Other than that, a fabulous piece of kit!

Pic's will come, I promise... just not enough daylight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts