DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been having a hell of a time with this project. and i would really appreciate some help. Can some one tell me how to removal the rear wheel hub. I have the caliper and everything off. Do i have to hit it out? or do i actually have to take off the axle to get it off? Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
the wheel hub is part of the axle.axle is about 4 foor long hub welded to end.have to take off diff cover to remove c-clips to take out.unless you are calling something else a wheel hub?

·
Premium Member
32,591 Posts
maybe your thinking of the rotor ??

Remove the caliper anchor bolts and the caliper anchor using the ratchet and a socket. The bolts will be tight. ( do NOT let the Caliper hang from the hose )

Remove the rotor retainer rings (if present) on two of the lug studs. You can cut these off with a pair of dikes and not have to replace them for reinstallation. (those rings are only used at the factory to hold the rotor in place while they connect the brake lines & calipers, it keeps the assembly line moving faster)

Remove the rotor. If the rotor is rusted stubbornly to the hub, you're going to have to decide how to separate it.
If you're replacing the rotor, you can be more successful knocking it off using a ball-peen hammer and striking it on the flat of the fins in an outward and inward motion with the hammer.
If you're removing it to machine it or reusing the rotor, you're going to have to be much more delicate so you do not damage it. Strike it in the same fashion but use a heavy rubber mallet instead of a hammer. Your success is going to be lower and you're going to have to apply more tenacity and determination, but diligence will pay off.

Read more: How to Remove Brake Rotors Off of a Dodge RAM | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4894535_remove-rotors-off-dodge-ram.html#ixzz1MM3PqqGz

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. iam refereing to the wheel hub. So after i remove the C- clamps should the wheel hub start moving out?or is there another step?

·
Registered
553 Posts
after all brake componets are removed and differential cover is removed you need to remove 1 bolt in the diff holding the big 1"by 3"pin that sits in the gears between the 2 axle ends.after pin is removed push axle towards middle 1 inch to expose the clip,remove clip slide axle out.sometimes axle lip catches on the way out but just lift a bit a wiggle out.always replace old axle seals almost guaranteed to leak if not when put back together.i have an online manual i can email u if u pm me an adress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts