DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting to see some cancer on the tops of my wheel wells. granted my bed is pretty rough and needs quite a few patches on the floor and front wall. Does anyone have any ideas on combating this? i know the problem is the way the wheel well meets the fender and it catches grime and water and evetually pits through. (we all know how great the chrysler etch primer was in the 90s.) ive had a few ideas but im looking for some brainstorming.
1. cut out the fender well, do some rust treatment or patch, etch and undercoat the hell out of it and replace the well with a new piece and bolting it in instead of welding so that i could remove it and clean up from time to time.
2. cut out fender well replace with plastic or fiberglass panel.
3. cut it out and leave it open (thats just dumb forget i said it)

buying another bed doesnt count as an answer. cheapest ive been able to find is $800. the truck has 270k on it and for something i now drive about 4k a year ill let it rust.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck and the damaged area? I'd probably do a sand grind and patch followed by a good epoxy primer.

But there are others who will chime in - how about using the link in my SIG to jump over to our Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself?
:Hey:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts