DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took my truck to dodge to have the power rear slider fixed which took 4 days! I got it back and the next day it was down pouring all day. I noticed water dripping onto my back seat and when i got a closer look the whole rear side of the headliner was soaked. It appears that they didn't seal the rear window up on the outside good enough. Has anybody else had this problem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had to have my rear slider window taken out due to some body work and they said it had to be replaced once it has been taken out due to the seal being broke once removed or something along those lines !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to have my rear slider window taken out due to some body work and they said it had to be replaced once it has been taken out due to the seal being broke once removed or something along those lines !
I'm taking mine back on monday, it looks like they'll have to replace the rubber seal around the entire window. I'll let you know what happens

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
So i took my truck to dodge to have the power rear slider fixed which took 4 days! I got it back and the next day it was down pouring all day. I noticed water dripping onto my back seat and when i got a closer look the whole rear side of the headliner was soaked. It appears that they didn't seal the rear window up on the outside good enough. Has anybody else had this problem.

third brake light seal is notorious for leaks too...could be your culprit...

·
Registered
57 Posts
i had the same problem water leaking in and headliner ruined. dealer said third brake light seal. they just ordered the part.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Yeah if the water is pooling in the rear corners of the headliner it is most likely the brake light. It took me about 30 minutes and $10 to fix my self, much faster than taking it to the dealer, and a better fix IMO:

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87346&highlight=window+leak
for almost 2 years i had a leak in 96 ram (which i recently sold to buy the 2101) and it wasnt until i read snrusnak's post that we fixed the leak. the water travelled undetected to the front passenger floor board...i swore it was the windshield seal or door seal...freaking third brake seal....unfortunately 15 years later it is still an issue!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took off the third brake light and re-sealed everything, now no water!!! Thank you guys for all your help

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
glad to hear you fixed it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you!

Just noticed this issue on my 2012 Ram and thankfully this thread led me to the 3rd brake light fix. Now to wait for a break in the rain and a trip to Home Depot!

·
Registered
29 Posts
its raining on the inside

I have a leak also. truck has a manual slide rear window and noticed a lot of water in the plastic storage compartment after a heavy rain. I did switch the OEM brake light to the recon. i bought a cork gasket from advanced auto will it do the job?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts