DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extremely strange problem (at least to me). This has happened with two different trailers that have been plugged into the factory wired flat 4 trailer plug on my 2013 RAM 1500 Sport. All truck and trailer lights work properly, but the rear passenger windows and sliding back window cease functioning. They will not go up or down. They start working again at some point after unplugging the trailer.
First reaction is something is wrong with the trailer wiring, but this has happened with two different trailers that don't cause problems with other vehicles and all light functions work normally on both truck and trailer.
Naturally, the dealer checked the plug wiring and concluded there is nothing wrong ... there must be something wrong with the trailer wiring. If there was something wrong with the trailer wiring, lights would not function properly.

Anyone have any ideas or know how to get hands on a service manual that would enable me to trouble shoot the truck wiring?

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, Steven, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

The trailer harness is effecting the relay for the back windows, somehow. The trick, now, is to find out why?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I have a 2013 1500 and it does the exact same thing. It doesn’t matter if I use the four prong or the 6 prong. The result is always the same. Within about 15-20 minutes, both rear windows and the rear slider quit working. The only way to fix it is to disconnect the trailer wiring and restart the truck. I believe it will reset after about 15-20 minutes with the wires disconnected, but it resets every time if you restart. I took it to the dealership and they couldn’t find anything wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts