DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that all sport models came with a limited slip...mine being an 07, I ordered the build sheet and it doesnt say it on there but on my window sticker that I kept from day one says it does. How do you tell other than power braking and seeing two black marks, if you have LSD or not and if I dont whats the best option to get it or a locker.

E

·
0 Posts
The burnout test is the best. Or jack the back end of the truck up in the air, support it with jackstands, put the truck in neutral and spin one of the wheels. You'll see the other one will rotate as well. An open diff will not rotate both tires.

There are LSD gear sets available from Dodge or the aftermarket. One other option is an electric locker but that's not a full time option, IMHO.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
On the 09's and up the LSD starts with 3.92 and up. I do not know if the older models are the same.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question but after seeing the title of the thread I just had to look. I thought there would at least be a couple of pictures to vote on.
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts