DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I did not get that standard, or as an option on my BigHorn. No problem, because they make after market ones. So, I bought a Magellan 9055-LM GPS. It is part of their safety series. It works with a Magellan backup camera. Now the GPS set me back 250+ tax. The backup camera set me back 150+ tax. So I am in for a little over 400. I took it to a place I have had all my after market things installed at. That was another $63.90 USD. I did have an Audiovox rear backup camera system in it before, but the screen was like 2.5 inches. It was too small. Well, I get it installed and the dang thing does not work. It goes blank screen when I shift into reverse. I am POed now. I call Magellan. I am on hold for 20-30 minutes to reach a customer service rep. They told me an update was available and I should update it. So, I tell the guy at the Van Shack, I have to update it, then try it again. I go home update it and still not working. So, I call Magellan again, on hold again for 20-30 minutes. I have 2 calls to them at 84 minutes and it is not working.They tell me to give them a credit card number and they will charge me a hold of the cost of the camera and they will send me the camera. I tell them I do not have an extra 150+ for them to put on hold on a card. So, now I have to go back to the shop and have the guy take the camera off, so I can ship it back at my cost and when they receive my camera, they will ship the new one back to me. I bought the camera brand new online. Not even 3 weeks ago. So, is it just me, or would any of you be POed, as well?
:poopstorm::poopstorm::poopstorm:

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are wireless backup cameras much cheaper than that I believe.
Yes, but I wanted a GPS and the backup camera to be all in one. that is a 7 inch screen as well. I had a cheaper backup camera, but it was a 2.5 inch screen and the monitor flickered all the time.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
That's quite a blind spot in the middle of your windshield caused by that monstrous screen! :LOL: Holy Cow!

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
that really suxs dude and i would of been pretty pissed aswell if i were in that situation but at least they will replace the camera for you but some better customer service would be great too

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update...

I got the new camera for the 9055-LM Magellan GPS. I am very happy to say it is up and operational. I am happy with it now. It is a lot bigger view area and the camera allows me to adjust up and down. I can backup within inches of objects now. Not as good as OEM, but it will do. :smileup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the post

Sorrry didn't mean to hijack here but I just bought the Audiovox backup cam and was wondering what wires do i hook the cma up to actually. What colour is the reverse wire from the backup light. TY

·
Registered
15 Posts
Billybob52,
The easiest thing to do is use the trailer 7 way wiring plug. On my 2011, the reverse lights are the center wire (white and orange) and the black is the ground. The cap on the exterior plug head (left of the license plate) shows you which of the 7 do what. Unplug the hiring harness from behind the bumper and you can splice into the wires there.

I'm using wireless, but agree the signal is crap. Anyone self-install the power and RCA into the cab? Looking for advice on the best route.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to find the reverse signal wire under the dash to connect to on my 2012 2500 ST Crew Long Bed Hemi. Any help out there on this??

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts