DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 1500 sport. so i found a thread that stated you can add an oem rearview camera with 430N RHB radio. 2 questions. Would it be better to go the lock pick route or have the dealer flash the radio route? Also, is the necessary wiring already existing running to the tailgate. If the wiring is already there i will most likely tackle the project myself, If the wiring is not run already i will most likely have the dealer install it. Thanks yall

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
The RHB 430N radio has the ability to run a camera, but the wiring is not there

when you buy the camera, the wiring is in the box with it & mine came with a installation CD

When i had mine installed, i also put a locking tailgate handle on the truck
the handle is also where the camera fits

I did the locking handle because some unsavory people were taking tailgates for the price of scrap metal, at the same time they were removing the tail lights & cutting those wires in front of the connectors, then selling connectors & tail lights as a unit

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same questions. I recently added an RHR 730N to my Ram. As far as the camera, I went to the dealer first. They quoted me a price of just a little over $400 for the factory camera and the install. If I installed it myself, it would have been about $300 to buy the factory camera on E-bay and then the dealer has to "flash" your truck to turn it on which was anywhere from $75 to $100. I decided on the lockpick and aftermarket cam. The lockpick V4 was $199 and the camera was $55. I mounted it in the tailgate handle and you can hardly tell it didnt come from the factory. With the lockpick, its all plug and play. Easy install too. the hardest part was crawling under the truck and zip tying the wires from the tailgate to the front of the truck. PLUS you get all of the cool benefits of the lockpick. IMO it's the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts